knitnana: Rainy Three Day Weekend
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy Three Day Weekend

It's been raining for 2 days. And is supposed to rain for three more. I'm one of those few remaining lucky people who get Monday off as "Columbus Day" - which frankly, I like to call Early Fall Holiday.

So with three days ahead to veg and create, what do you think I'm looking at? New things to knit? OF COURSE.

I've been so good with my UFOs. I'm close to finishing the Scarf from H-E-L-L (only 4 - 8 more rows, tho' Jane says I should cut my losses and just do 4!). I've finished 12 repeats of the Traveling Vines Scarf and have done 6 more rows on Knitpicks Hollyberry Merino Style Queen of Hearts Shawl. All of this just since Tuesday night when I joined the Knitter's Anonymous KAL.

So I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am thinking forward! Everyone is so in love with felted bags, and my pal Diana here in town (she doesn't have a blog, which I think she really should do, she loves to read blogs, and is a prolific and wondrous knitter!!) has made the most wonderful felted bags. I'm jealous. I'm a bag lady for heavens sake, I should try a felted bag. So can I use Merino? Because if so, I think I'll make the Booga Bag but will use Knitpicks Merino Style and get the Storm and Moss colorways. Diana has used novelty yarn in her bags as trim at the top, so I have a ball of Bernat Matrix in Acid that would go well with these colors. So whatcha think?

AND I've decided that the next shawl just has to be the Shaped Triangle Shawl from A Gathering of Lace but then again I just love the Lotus Blossom Shawl (I'm thinking of using Knitpicks Sock Garden in Rocky Mountain Dusk colorway) and the Fibertrends Lace Leaf Shawl (which Diana is making btw in Knitpicks Sock Garden colorway Mesa! (It's gorgeous! And it's her first lace shawl - YEAH, Diana!) If I made this pattern, I think I might use Knitpicks Gossamer in colorway Trail.

And if I make the Booga Bag, I'll need the "I-Cord Factory" (also known as the Embellish-Knit) shown on Kathy's blog (scroll down below all the bags she's making and the terrific yarn she's bought - not to mention those lovely puppies - to see this neat item). That's going on my wishlist somewhere...I haven't seen it at Knitpicks! I want an I-Cord Factory!

Ah but decisions, decisions. As I work on my 3 UFOs this wet, wet weekend, I'll debate the next shawl issue, but if you're my Secret Pal you just got a bunch of hints (especially the Booga Bag and items to go with it!)! I'm off to work, too, on Nana Sadie Rose bags! With the price of gasoline, it just makes cents (!) to work at home as much as possible!

Have a Wonderful EARLY FALL weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Now, about felted bags.. you can use pretty much any wool except "machine washable", so be thinking about a color (or variegated colorway) you love. Also, I-cord is so easy that all you need is a set of DPs "close" to the right size... you will be knitting a specific length of cord and it will felt up into a dense, round handle. The process is so amazing, like chemistry at home! Keep me posted.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!