knitnana: WIP's - or What Shall I Work On Next?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

WIP's - or What Shall I Work On Next?

Well, I decided to own up to my evil ways ...I have WIPs. Too many. And I'm too easily losing focus, so that's not good. The photo you see above details the sad state of affairs. There's the Scarf from H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks (that's the ivory furry thing you see in the top right of the photo) - it's gorgeous, sensuous, satiny, and a pain in the you-know-what to knit, so I don't spend much time on it, a row here and there at best. Then there's the muted amethyst and charcoal fun fur, garterstitch scarf, you can see it along the bottom right of the photo. The yarn is acrylic and a tad bit less than soft, but the shades of purple, silver and charcoal are just stunning. Since I haven't been to the doctor's office lately (YEAH!!!) it's just been sitting and waiting for me to go somewhere that I can't knit a long row (to stop in the middle) or have to follow a detailed chart (like lace).
Then in the far right corner, in blues, greens, yellows is the infamous Sunset Wrap from Knitters - the one that Birdsong miraculously had the extra yarn I needed to make the pattern...now it's not Birdsong's fault that I've completely lost interest in this (she's reading it HERE first!)...and it's getting too cool to wear it this year anyway. lololol! But I'm not in love with the yarn in this, tho' it's what the pattern called for. I think I'd use something else another time (I don't know what!).
Then in the upper left corner, you see my lovely, lovely Knitpicks Hollyberry Merino Style Queen of Hearts Shawl, being knitted for Knit Red KAL. This is so soft, such a joy to work on, and I can't wait to wear it. But it takes a lot to get through a row, and I have to focus. Not something I've been the best at lately. On top of it is a Dishcloth for Cloths for Katrina KAL that gets done in a row here and there and really isn't an issue!

Finally, there's the Traveling Vines Scarf in the purple, fushia, olive, and teal sock yarn (it's there on the bamboo needles on the left).
This is the one WIP that brings me total joy and satisfaction right now. It's lace. It's coloration is gorgeous. I can do a row or two and not lose track of what I'm doing, and set it down when my brain flies off in another direction (Ain't Love GRAND?), or when I have to run to do something else.
Maybe I do have a focus right now: to just be. And when I need to knit (which is fairly often) I'll still do the lace I love, it'll just be smaller than the shawls I love...I suspect this little scarf just might get done first!

ooops...Jane noted that I'd mentioned (and have photographed) only 6 projects...but it just occurred to me that I have two more - my DD's Clapotis and a beautiful Healing Shawl in Lion Brand Homespun colorway Blue Ridge. I'm more than 1/2 way finished, but must get that done, too! Hmmmm...maybe that's just the calming mechanism I need...K3, P3...repeat.
Thanks, Jane - you didn't even know you were helping!

2 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Very pretty scarves!! But I'm only counting 6 projects - that's not many! Maybe we should make this into a me-me where we all confess how many things we're working on.. I'll bet that I can beat 6 {g}

7:48 PM  
Blogger Shelob said...

So pretty! And I understand the problem! With the weather turing cooler, suddenly I'm wanting to pull out the heavier, softer yarns, and I'm not done with what I started for the summer yet!

Hang in there!

--Christy

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!