knitnana: Ten on Tuesday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday...

This week I decided to jump on the Ten on Tuesday bandwagon. I figured, why not? This is the perfect time...(translation...I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators, why shouldn't I add in one more thing?)

But this week? It's Ten Things I'm Grateful For...and you know what? I can't think of a better topic right now (alligators and all!).

1. I'm grateful that the economy is looking better...people I know who've been unemployed are finding jobs - and even having choices between jobs to make! That is wonderful, thankful news.

2. I'm grateful for family, of course - grandkids, daughter, sister, sis-in-law, nieces and nephew, aunts, uncles, and cousins. All of them!

3. I'm very grateful this year (as in the past) for a good job for myself, for a part-time job I enjoy, and for my business, even tho' this year hasn't been as busy (mostly by choice) as years past.

4. I'm grateful that I survived some pretty horrendous things this year, including the Derecho storm with 6 days without power in 90+ degree heat, a slew of mechanical breakdowns caused by the storm, and a home invasion.

5. About that home invasion? I'm grateful that the little boy kitty wasn't asleep in the window when the slate paver came sailing thru it. I'm grateful that he's still as sunny of disposition as ever, even tho' I know he was here and aware of that stranger coming into his home. I'm grateful that all I lost was my jewelry and not my precious babies.

6. I'm grateful for the landlord and his wife who have been supportive about EVERYTHING since then (okay, they were before, this isn't a change). I think I have the best landlord in the world!

7. I'm enormously grateful for friends who've stepped in to help care for the kitties while I've been running up and down the road engaged in a life-changing relationship.

8. I'm grateful that my 10-year old car is holding up while it's being run up and down the road...

9. I'm grateful for all my online friends who have encouraged me and supported me in stepping out there and taking a bit of a chance on love.

but most of all?

10. I'm grateful that one day almost a year ago, I typed one simple sentence into a text box on IM on Facebook that said, "If you happen to be in town and would like to, let's meet for coffee and catch up with each other" to a man I went to high school with. And that has made all the difference in the world in how very deeply grateful I am. There is someone very special in my life, and I'm totally blessed.

And I'm fixing a Thanksgiving dinner this year (a first in many years) that will include him and his son. I can't tell you how happy I'll be to hold hands with those around my table and give thanks.

May you and yours have a wonderful holiday - and if you've a mind to? Why not take a chance yourself?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for your blog and your insights. I'm so happy for you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh Sallee. That list bit made me cry because I know first hand what an amazing blessing it is to find the person you are meant to be with. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Beautiful list... happy ToT!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I am grateful to have read such a lovely post. Happy Thanksgiving!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! As you know, I am both thankful and happy for you :). Enjoy your day today!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!