knitnana: Wovember!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Wovember!

What is Wovember? Well, there's a blog that's investigating just what Wool is (from the standpoint of textiles). And then there are those bloggers who are adding their voices to the choir: Lene and Kate are the two I was initially drawn to. You'll see a new button over there on the sidebar, too...

And then, you can purchase and have a custom button to enjoy a snip of wool that's from a treasured garment.

Yup. Mine is on order, the fabric on it's way to Felicity.

Oh. And then? In honor of Wovember...I picked this up and am working with a couple of others to get the yarn to knit it.

After all...It's wool. One must have sheepies to have wool...

And next to Siamese cats? I'm all about the wool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I hadn't heard of Wovember. Looks like fun and a great idea.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

That will be a fun hat to knit. I hadn't heard of Wovember, but I started a pair of socks with the yarn having a 25% nylon content, and it bothered my hands, so I switched to a woolier sock yarn, and now my hands are happy. My hands must have known.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782