knitnana: Out of the Habit!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Out of the Habit!

September went by in a blur, and as a result, I got out of the habit of posting here. Not to suggest that October isn't also going by in a blur, because it is. I'm spending tons of time making orders from the two shows:

And they're moving out the door so fast that I'm struggling to get artistic photos of them. Those above are two orders from the Cat Show and a bag for my Sis-in-Law in the front there. Had to work hers in because it's obviously a fall bag and I wanted her to get full use of it!

Of course work is also demanding much of my time. The end of September began my mad dash to the audit deadline, and I've been scrambling there. Then the Governor stopped by my office, which basically took one day out of my available preparation time.

This year, the pleas for help are way up in number and kind. Of course there's always a need locally for knitted items, and I usually do something for the NoSoKnit event (which this year was postponed to November because of the TKGA Greensboro event being so close by - they would have happened on the same weekend and what a struggle we knitters would have had to decide which to attend!). But this year, of course, I'm knitting for Vermonters who lost everything during the flooding from Hurricane Irene. This is the premie blanket I showed you last time...I've made progress:

And of course, I'm still sewing...and sewing...tho' I do hope to be finished with orders by the end of next weekend! (fingers crossed...)

I'm also really really engrossed in another topic and am detailing that a bit over on Nana Sadie's Place. I've decided to commit again to Meatless Mondays as much as possible this year. And really making it Meatless "Mostdays" for me.

And also trying to stay current on Ravelry (a lost cause, I'm afraid, I'll always be behind there, I fear), and Facebook (where I've managed to hook almost everything to the point of being the place where I find my news, not really a social spot for me), trying to keep current with OWS, and reading both *real* books and Nookbooks...

And Fall has Fell (Thanks, Mom, for that funny), so you can imagine that I'm trying hard to hibernate, and keep ahead of the electric company again: the never-ending, and hardly win-able, battle. But I can try. It's the principle of the thing.

Wow. But I bet you're busy, too, eh?

5 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Yes, insanely busy. You are turning out more concrete items than I am - and lovely ones. That fall bag is great; it deserved to be in the front!

I love the blanket. It reminds me of one my youngest had from a great aunt. That pattern just wants to curl around a babe!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It sounds like you're crazy busy there! I know the feeling - things just don't seem to slow down here, no matter what the day of the week is. The bags are looking wonderful - I'm impressed by the number you're churning out :)

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Yes, busy! I keep reminding myself that it's a good thing.

That bag is perfect for fall! I can see why the Sadie is so popular, big and beautiful!

Tonk & Meezer are so cute.

7:43 PM  
Blogger cauchy09 said...

good to see you back here, but we understand! your blanket is looking quite lovely.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Beautiful bag, watch out, now you'll have more people wanting one!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!