knitnana: Holiday Knitting!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Holiday Knitting!

Ok...today was my family Christmas, and so finally I can stop with the stealth knitting projects and finally let you see what I've been up to!

To begin with, all three of my grandsons wanted new hats, but I didn't learn this until it was almost the 25th! So off I went and bought three colors of Vanna's Choice (which I'd never used before and let me just say this: it's good! REALLY!)

DGS1 wanted a green hat, DGS2 wanted a red one, and DGS3 loves purple, like his Nana! So...I found those colors and went to town, knitting Ryan's Dulaan Cloud Hat - only without the "cloud" of mohair). I used size 10.5 Addis...and, frankly? The boys opened them, and put them on. We had a time getting them to take them OFF. I think that project rated a 10! (But I really felt good when I was able to find matching shirts - okay, they're short-sleeved polos, but hey, they know I love them enough to buy their favorite colors, right?)

One of the projects I was most excited about were the Musica Mitts for my Big Sis...

Does she look happy? :) She was delighted and kept them on through the entire gift opening! Except that once, her husband (who is also a musician) tried to put them on. I stopped him. I blocked those things last night, his hands are much bigger than hers! Hmm...

Probably might want to put another (larger) pair on the list for next Christmas?

Now, the item that you won't believe, is this one. My FIRST sweater:

For my new granddaughter. My friend Rae designed this Easy Cuff-to-Cuff Baby Sweater and suggested I use it for my first pattern. As you can see, my granddaughter is a little bitty thing and this sweater practically covers her to her toes - ok...she can wear it longer!

The hat was an afterthought as I still had some yarn...so I found The Presto Baby Hat and made that to go with...I think her mother was delighted with the set.

The only thing that didn't work was a set of booties I tried to make using Sydney the multi-sized pattern for ruffled baby socks (I have Toe Up!, Chrissy Gardiner's sock book but the baby pattern is free on Ravelry!

The pattern is delightful. There's nothing wrong with it, but I used left-over sock yarn, and once I was done with the first one?

It weighed .5 ounces.

My remaining sock yarn weighed .4 ounces.
Blech.
Arrrrrrggggggghhhh.
Ok. DGD will get this every Christmas on the tree with a gift card in it. It's just the right size...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

It is all amazingly beautiful!!!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Musica pattern is on my to-do list. I even bought the yarn to do it, then stole the white for another project. Still have the black, so there is hope....

Such happy grandchildren! Great knitting!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray!! All of those projects turned out beautifully! Your first sweater is gorgeous, and wonderfully modelled - it's nice that it's big enough to get a lot of wear. And I love the three hats. But the musica mitts are the icing on top - they're lovely!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Oh too cute, the baby sweater that is. All the projects look so nice. Hope all was merry and bright!

www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

1:24 PM  
Blogger alas said...

I love those musica mitts!
Just visiting you from the rav chronic stitchers wishlist. I hope you have a fantastic year!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Everything you made is so wonderful! Those music mitts really steal the show! Congrats on your first sweater! :)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!