knitnana: TGIF!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF!

It's been a crazy busy week, while I had fun with the most recent "better living through chemistry" my (new) doc has tried. It's a bit challenging for the system, doncha know? One particular prescription I've been on for Lupus for years is now gone, and for that I'm grateful beyond words; another was tried and discarded as it didn't suit me at all...I'll have a bit of a rest before we try something else. If I seemed a touch more quiet and "behind closed doors" than usual perhaps that was for the good, eh?
*wink*
The really good news is that this doc doesn't believe I even have Lupus (I guess that's good news...considering those years on a med I perhaps didn't need?)!

And of course, it's Nana Sadie Rose's busiest time of the year, gearing up for the National Capital Cat Show in 29 days. I saw that this morning when I opened up the blog and saw the ticker staring at me and blanched. Less than a month. And in that time I'll be away from sewing for 6 full days, possibly 7.

The conversation is changing between the cats, there's a dance as to whom will land prime real estate next to Mom, and who can purr the loudest for attention...who is most likely to bring her running with the single *plink* of a straight pin on the floor.

(at present the kitten gets the quickest reaction because I know The Meezer won't swallow them, just toss them down to entice me to notice her. HE, however, cannot be trusted yet.)

We did have a moment on the bed tho', I with my wool socks on my feet, and he was frightened away. He's not sure how it is that The Meezer thinks it's okay to like wool socks, lick wool socks, sleep next to them , but The Tonk, who's been *bonked* on the nose for biting them, has apparently decided that he's in serious trouble if he so much as sniffs at them.

Does he look as if he's trying to stay out of range?

5 Comments:

Blogger Posy Linda said...

Happy Saturday! I'm glad your roller coaster week is over and hope that improvements are on the horizon. Your little kitty cat does have a quizzical look on his face. Maybe he thinks the sock is alive..... Enjoy your weekend.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Too funny! Looks like he's internalized the no bite lesson, though, which is a good thing. Congratulations on making it through your crazy week. I wish for you a quiet weekend, full of sewing and resting!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Congrats on the reduction in drugs you are taking. That must be difficult.

I don't take any drugs of any kind but I do know other people who have been through what you are doing and it was not easy.

Feline, footy fun, I'm loving this!!!

Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. Hugs, G


PS: I have a tribute post to Mitzi up and a new one re: my Etsy offerings, hope you stop in sometime soon.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I love the sock and the expression.

I don't love that you are having a rough time with transition of medication - maybe you could try to remember that transition during childbirth was the worst and soon thereafter things got not only better,but joyful.

(I do still channel Ellen-in-transition when I need W to take me very seriously, BTW.)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Hmm... that's an interesting new 'non-diagnosis. I was pleased to see how much sewing progress is taking place, and hoping you stay well through your rest from meds.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!