knitnana: Happy Mother's Day!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm working hard on stock for the Sedalia Fiber Festival next weekend, but the kitties are doing interesting things so, like a good Kitty Mommie, I've had the camera nearby and caught of few of their antics for you:

Big Sis brought a toy for CC and TM to enjoy at the holidays. I had to laugh as the one thing those two "old gals" were not interested in was anything that made noise. (To be fair, she had it for her older kitty and he wasn't interested in it either.) The DGS3 found it to be interesting so it stayed around, and frankly, I'd forgotten about it in the corner I'd set it in, on top of a box.

Yesterday I kept hearing something in the living room and finally went to investigate:

I'm not sure who was responsible for knocking it down, but I bet it was The Tonk.

This is what the toy was intended to be used for - kitty delight! (please pardon the box...I have a charity store run to make)
Playing with this thing went on for hours...(The Meezer just watched, fascinated perhaps that anyone could be that engrossed in a ball rolling around and around in a track?)

Late last evening, I was checking email and reading a blog or two when my eyes landed down on the floor beside my chair:

I think she goes in here when she feels there's no threat of being taken to the vet. I had left it for the little guy to use as a sleeping spot as he adjusted to his new home, but you know?

I think he's adjusted just fine...

I'm having a bit of an adjustment period. He's little, and I don't think he hears well. I've knocked him across the room a couple of time when I didn't realize he was under my feet! I can tell you I feel like the worst Mommie in the world when I do that...but this little happy-go-lucky guy, just comes right back to me, all forgiveness (I just hope he realizes that in this dark house, I don't always see him and the best place to be is away from my feet!!).

Happy Mother's Day!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures of the cats you've posted lately! I'm glad the new guy is settling in so well.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your little ones are awesome!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Thanks for sharing the kitty antics! I am so glad your new guy is happy and that you are happy with him... he will figure out a safe routine quickly, they are soo smart!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Oh, Happy Mother's Day to you. And like a really great mother, you share your babies with others. :-)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those are great pictures, and I'm delighted that the settling-in is going so well!! And in the end, cats do need to learn about feet and the dark -- not a safe combination :)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

the other day i stepped on scheyer's -paw-. i mean full weight on his paw! after a couple of minutes he was hopping around like nothing happened.

felines are resilient if nothing else!

happy belated mother's day!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! What adorable pictures. I'm glad Meezer feels like she has a place where she can go. Tonk is just the sweetest thing. *hugs* :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!