knitnana: Learning To Be A Family
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Learning To Be A Family

Last night we started a course of prednisone with the new Tonk. He's about the hardest kitty I've ever had to pill. At present, I don't think he's broken the skin, but that's not because he hasn't tried. The Pill treats, that swallow up the pills are entirely too big for the little guy to swallow whole and so I just push the tablet down his throat and feed him the treat as a treat.

Why steriods? Because the baby boy has this serious side tilt to his head, and he walks in circles (18 inch diameter circles to be exact) round and round crying as if he's in desperate need of something. He also has a terrible habit of overgrooming and scratching as if he has fleas. He doesn't. Not a one anywhere to be found. And he's been treated just since I got him, too. So probably either a dermatitis, or perhaps just a habit built up from when he did have fleas? As far as the crying? He's not hungry, or thirsty, nor does he need the litter box, they're all right within a few inches of his 18 inch circle...Fortunately, the circling isn't constant. But it seems as if he gets "caught in the loop" and can't get out of it!

He does tear after the laser light. It proves to me that if there are hearing discrepancies, the eyes are working!

Oh, but he's a little love. As long as you aren't trying to poke a pill down his throat. Suede gloves would come in handy then.

He gets into everything...so I'm having to revamp the sewing room the same as I did the knitting room:

I didn't realize he'd discovered that thread till I went to crop the photo!!

He's a little love...gee I said that once, didn't I? Well, he is! Even if he is a tad bit odd...

But in the past 3 minutes that I've been trying to think how to end this post, he's been lying (quietly!) next to me on the rug.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, a little love indeed!! He's just darling -- I can see why he's already captured your heart :)

1:40 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Oh, he is a gem. And the pilling - one of our very best cats ever would just about take a chunk out of me with every pill, then he'd purr and purr to make up. (And don't ask about flea baths - I did lose a chunk in that battle!)

I hope TM makes up to him soon, but it can take time.

10:17 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I wonder if he goes in circles and cries because he has vertigo or his balance is off? If his ears are damaged or blocked up in any way, that would throw him off.

Hopefully, the prednisone will help with the over-grooming. Once he's off them, I do suggest the rescue remedy for anxiety. One of my boys was so anxious when we moved that he licked the fur off his belly. It helped him.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

He has the sweetest face...I can see why you are in love with him. *hugs* :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

he's so precious! i hope he gets easier to pill as he realizes once it's done he gets a tasty treat.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!