knitnana: It's For Sure...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's For Sure...

If I had any doubt (and there was a smidgen, in my mind), this afternoon I received confirmation that indeed I have the classes, events, and lectures I thought I'd registered for on Tuesday for Sock Summit 2009. I was phoned by Sock Summit staff this afternoon, to be certain that I didn't have a duplicate event (I didn't), and everything was confirmed.

I just have to say that I did breathe a sigh of relief. There's been so much angst and upheaval over this, the gals planning the event have been through the mill (to say the least), and emotions have run high. I was stunned to read Stephanie's and Tina's blogs, to hear what a nightmare it's been for them. Two gals who do not deserve such treatment (if anyone ever does).

Anyway, I have my classes as they stand, and I'm going to the Barbara Walker lecture. So...I have homework to do:
Two of the books that introduced me to her, another is on order. (Jocelyn and I are planning to read it together and then sit together in the lecture...I am as excited about meeting Joce as I am about hearing BW speak!)

And yes, that's the May 2009 PSC socks. No I'm not done. Yes, I know tomorrow is June. I'm behind. No I don't quite know why - well there WAS Sedalia. And work got in the way a bit, too...I have been doing more working as I eat lunch, rather than having knitting time. No, I'm not sure why. The boss has piles of stuff on her desk, but I never have - until this week. I told her I thought the file folders were multiplying after we turned off the lights at night...but this also means they're migrating down the hallway to my office. Not a good thing.

Oh, and then there are the bags and such for Nana Sadie Rose that I've been sewing...including a modification that was requested by a good customer. Yes, it did turn out, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it a regular part of the line yet. I'll let you know later...

Maybe.

Oh and then there's the Etsy Shop Update I did tonight...I have more to post, perhaps a few more tomorrow night - there are Sundry Cases and items by Designs by Mera - some really pretty jewelry (stitch markers and such). Yes, more coming soon. But do stop by!

So with all this? I can't open my June 2009 Personal Sock Club surprise bag yet. I've got to finish that sock up there.

(And Sis-in-Law would probably like her Cabletini socks, too, just sayin')
(sigh)
Happy End of the Weekend...hope your week goes well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Congrats on getting your classes. And I hope you find the time to finish that sock. Maybe the surprise bag will be the incentive to get it don. :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

My books are in the mail! I can't wait to start reading -- and I *really* can't wait to see you at sock summit! :)

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Oh, excellent!! How exciting to meet both BGW and Jocelyn at the same time! I'm glad to hear you got your classes.

Those alligators are darling. Off to persuse the new Twist Collective....

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!