knitnana: Time Moves So Very Swiftly Here...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time Moves So Very Swiftly Here...

There's something about August. It makes me a little crazy every year. It's HOT. It's usually humid. There are sometimes hurricanes looming and wreaking havoc. Our fiscal year at work is winding down, budgets have to be produced for the new year (which cooresponds to the Federal government's October 1 beginning)...School is starting...Fall is trying hard to make an appearance, at least in the retail outlets. And because it's school-time, it feels as if it should be Fall and I should be pulling out the wools and tweeds, which makes me want to knit knit knit knit knit....

But.

It's August, and the Ticker above is counting down, and time moves so very swiftly ever more quickly towards that weekend that always comes too soon! No...no. NOT Labor Day!

National Capital Cat Show weekend.

And so. It's SEW SEW SEW SEW SEW....
(ha ha)
But. Desperately, as much as I have to sew, I want to knit. I don't get it. Both are creative processes and make my heart sing - why can't I focus on the sewing when it's necessary...why am I pulled in the opposite direction? (sigh)

And the other thing I want to do?

Cook. All the fresh veggies and fruits. I want to can, and freeze, and cook. (And of course, with Fall on the horizon, I want soups and stews and breads...)

So while there's really not a lick of time for this here you go:
The magazines jumped into my cart this week (there are some intriguing recipes in that Real Simple). The book I'd reserved at the library awhile ago and it finally arrived yesterday. It's a knitting novel, so you know I have to read it...

I really don't read or knit at home much these days. Only at work, and only at lunch. I read while I knit the stockinette parts of my socks. And oh, well I guess you could say I knit a bit at home - during the news, because, news junkie that I am, I still watch the evening news (local and national). And socks take shape during these hours...
Do you think perhaps my sock mojo is returning? I finshed the first Nothern Lights Feather & Fan Sock today and cast on the toe of the second one during lunch.

And, btw, there's more to the hairstyle story. It turned out to be not such a wonderful cut after all...once the mousse was out. The cut was . . . well. I had it recut tonight, different stylist. Give me a few days. I'll let you know how I like it, once I've played with it enough to know. She did say, "Do you feel lighter?" and I had to admit I did. Much lighter. But it's not super short. Promise.

Still. No photos until I can decide whether I can make it look decent or not. You know how it is? You leave the place knowing full well that you can never recreate what that stylist did. So you have to find your own way. It happens. It just takes a bit.

(sigh)

Now...I just wish I could put on the brakes a bit...time just trundles right along, you know?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be an ant, must be an ant, fall is coming! No grasshopper knitting!

Yes, but remember to be good to yourself, too.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

August does seem to be speeding by, doesn't it? Nippy here in S.E. MI this morning - only 50° but heading for 80°.. The tomatoes are ripening nicely. I think your sock mojo is definately back!! {{HUGS}}

8:02 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Your sock mojo looks great to me; the feather & fan is beautiful. :)

As for the first haircut, been there/done that. I hope you like the second one better. (I'm now a "garnet head." Got a great cut last night, and then I applied what looked like a normal auburn-colored L'Oreal dye). Yep, garnet head. LOL

It's funny...I was thinking of soups and stews just last night too. Can't wait for Fall to arrive. It's my favorite time of the year.

Happy Sewing (and knitting when you can squeeze it in). XOXO

9:20 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

August really is screaming by. Whereas July seemed to be rather sluggish. Funny that.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yup, Labor day is coming up WAY faster that I'd like it to! I'm glad to see your sock mojo is back, but I hope it doesn't supersede your bag-sewing mojo, which it sounds like you need -- good luck!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Time has been relentless lately! Hang in there.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I hope the new 'do' is a go after all. Sorry to hear about the problems. I hate having my haircut, really really hate it so I usually have my hair fairly long to avoid too many snips (or disasters).

I agree, August can be a tough month to get through. The rain has arrived here and how blissful the cooldown is. I've been cooking up a storm!!!

Hugs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

4:04 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hope you can reward yourself with some knitting while you are at the cat show. Or at least after. I know how precious time to do whatever you want can be. Hope it happens for you real soon.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contrary. Once you can knit, it'll be less compelling. Isn't that the way?

My hairstylist has decide that my hair will be the current flippy bozo do. I hate it. My hair, alas, defaults to it. And looks better that way. But I hate it.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!