knitnana: Varia...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Varia...

Birdsong today is talking about joining up with Kat with a K and her UFO Resurrection Challenge...one UFO per month, brought out all at once, or one month-by-month (which is how I'll do it I think...), and I've decided I'd like to play, too!

Go take a look at Birdsong's reds! OH MY....love them so. I must work on several things down there on the 2006 list of UFOs - and the two that I will start with (January and February!) are Catharina Faroese Shawl (I haven't touched it since I frogged to the lifeline) and the Blue Ridge Homespun Prayer Shawl that is almost finished but has been OTN for 2 years.

OH...and a dear dear internet friend and fellow blogger has resurfaced (Hi, Matthew!) after a stressful few months. Please drop by and welcome him back. He's a talented and very likeable guy (and knitter!). You were very missed, buddy!

And the apartment issue is still up in the air. Can you believe that something as simple as a formal "accommodation plan" (in my case, this essentially reads, "no one who smokes will be placed in the apartment next door to this tenant") for someone with a disability has been seen as "illegal" in this day and age? We're working on educating my prospective landlord...(and no, we're not asking for a non-smoking building!)

Right now, the kitties are enjoying the mountains of boxes I have in my house...
(sigh)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope the situation with your apt. works out.

I bet the kitties are loving all the boxes....especially the ones that are emptied. : )

11:39 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Crossing our paws here for you on getting that new home. Until then, those kitties are having a BLAAAAAST!
=:8

12:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good luck on the apartment situation... I lived in an allegedly non-smoking building once - everyone had to sign a form stating that they didn't smoke, wouldn't allow friends to smoke, etc. Yeah, that didn't work. Grr.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some day we non-smokers will win!! My neighbor has a bumper sticker on her car that reads "At least I can still smoke in my car"...which is fine as long as you keep the windows rolled up!! No one else wants to smell the stuff...or die from it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed...potential neighbor!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Thanks for the great plug! I am sure hoping that the duplex is the one.

7:02 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Knitnana, though I've sworn off joining any knitting or stashing torture this year, but I commend you for you fortitude. Well, I will do a few UFOs. But that's absolutely IT!

Hope for the apartment wrangle to be settled amicably.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!