knitnana: A Reprieve and The Perfect "Nest!"
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, January 19, 2007

A Reprieve and The Perfect "Nest!"

This has been an interesting couple of days, but the news is finally good! I have a new home. And the move will take place by the end of February, so a bit of a reprieve for packing and moving...

If you can imagine a vintage 1960 two-family home? Yes, the kitchen cabinets are original (and darling!), there are hardwood floors throughout, the rooms are much, much larger than I'm used to, there are three stories (good for the exercise I fail to get otherwise), an older neighborhood that's on the "good" side of town! (The older I get, the more safety is an issue.)

The owners live next door and do not smoke. They are quite relieved, I think, that I don't either. I like them, they seem to like me.

I'm taking a deep breath. There's a lot to be done, but at least now, I know I'll be breathing clean air.

I'll get some photos up eventually. I think Nana Sadie Rose will take over the dining room in this new place as I don't want to tote everything up and down hardwood stairs to the second bedroom when we go to a show!

I'm really excited!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sallee, this sounds like the *perfect* place. This is wonderful news!

I can't wait to see the pics. : )

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful and exciting news!!! I can't wait to see the photo's and it sounds like you'll be so much happier, with so much more room over there. Yay!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news!!!! So happy for you and the Meezer. Can't wait to see the photos.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Shelob said...

WhoooooHoooooo! It sounds ideal! And a good time-line too. As much as I despise moving, moving at a sensible pace is at least tolerable. It helps when you can always find your -- um --- chocolate? Coffee? Maker? Soap? Make-up? I've ended up searching for everything but the pets themselves. (When they get stuck somewhere odd, they make a lot of noise!)

Great news!

12:27 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Sallee, I'm so glad - I'd love to see pics of the vintage things once you're all moved in and comfy.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Happy Moving !!!!
Sounds like you will have a Happy Home...

XX Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

7:55 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wonderful news Sally! Sounds like your new digs will indeed be a perfect nest!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! What a relief.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great Sallee! YIPPEE! Happy move to you too!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

That sounds purrfect for you. It's great that it is working out so you can concentrate on the cat show first. :)

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!