knitnana: Knitting & Sewing & Gardening & Cats!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Friday, July 08, 2005

Knitting & Sewing & Gardening & Cats!

Yes, I'm one busy lady. I thought you would appreciate seeing my balcony - not one of the ones in the fire shot down below! These are most of my geraniums (there's another hanging pot as big and beautiful behind the photographer!). They're really wonderful this year. My daughter used to call my tomato gardens my "forest" when we lived with my mother - Mom had about 1/4 acre that we gardened in the summer. I miss the summer squash, beans, peas, lettuces, radishes and herbs (tho' I've been known to grow the last three in pots on my balconies since my mom's death). I wouldn't trade my little apartment for that kind of land again, but I sure wish I could grow good tomatoes! These little yellow pears aren't too bad, but I don't get the sun they really need.

Anyway, yes, I do garden and knit and sew and care for my cats, and work, and run Nana Sadie Rose, and have two grandchildren! Whew!

And I love every minute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Happy birthday over here too! Wonderful geraniums... I can see your point about having more manageable land, mine looks very overgrown this year and I still tend to like to get up close and personal with plants in pots.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Kitt said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Biirthday dea NaNa, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

Hugs,
Kitt

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Kitt said...

oopssssss...Dea(r) NaNa!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782