knitnana: 2013: Planning & One Word
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, December 31, 2012

2013: Planning & One Word

As usual, I'm thinking about those things I'll try to do next year, and hoping that this year, unlike past years, I'll really manage to keep to the plan. In that spirit, I decided I have often bitten off more than I can chew, by making large numbers of plans. This time, I'm thinking of only three (and believe me, that was rough!):

1. Knit from stash. I know, we all say this, but finances being what they are and what with the changes in the national economy, I've decided that I have a gorgeous stash that could be reduced and made up into the things I'd planned to make with stash yarns, and still have a wonderful year. That being said, with My Sweetheart having been coerced to the Dark Side of handknit socks, I am exempting sock yarn. This doesn't mean I want to go hogwild, but rather, I want to knit socks for him, and there's precious little in the way of "guy colors" in my stash. I still reserve the right to buy a single skein of *gal* sock yarn if we travel to new towns with interesting LYS's and I can buy a "local dyer's yarn."

2. Finishitis. I rarely have this affliction, and I'm committing myself to a serious case of it this year. If you discount the three projects I keep open as WIPs on Ravelry (dishcloths, scrubbies, and the sock yarn blanket which is added to sporadically and is probably never going to be finished, at least not for years as I add new sock yarn leftovers into the mix) I have 15 WIPs. GAH! Must become dedicated to Finishitis!

3. Finally, I'm committing to adding stash photos and library details to my Ravelry page. I know I have more than I'm showing. I'd like to get organized enough to at least know everything is at my fingertips over there.

I'm also going to do the One Word idea again. (In a way, tho' I'll be doing two words, as I want to keep "Ahimsa" in the mix - it's not something that's one-and-done, doncha know?) Last year it took me most of the month of January to come up with my word, but this year, it's popped into my head almost before I considered doing the project again: JOY. How to add it in to my daily round, how to make sure I add it to others' - Joy isn't about buying something, but wow would it work in with using up stash and getting some things finished - and much else, too, of course.

So what else will I be doing? Aiming for more healthful eating, and more opportunities to add activity in my life (and My Sweetheart's!). I was tickled to hear him say during the holidays that he really was reassessing his thoughts on vegetarian eating - this after having my vegetarian chili one night! I'll never convert him completely, but we both know it's important to truly restrict the animal content in our diets. It's best for our hearts' sakes. And I'm also going to try very hard to get back to some commitment to yoga. Sweetheart likes it, too, so we're hoping to take a class every now and again. I can easily practice at home, but am inclined to skip it - which isn't a good thing. If I remember the JOY I feel whenever I do Sun Salutations, perhaps I can motivate myself a bit more???

That's it for me. Not too many, in hopes of treating myself well (practicing Ahimsa, still). So what plans (or resolutions, if you're so inclined) do you have for 2013?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe your sweetie doesn't want a drawer full of purple socks from your stash. heh!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Joy is a beautiful word for your year. Mine is fearlessness. I want to be fearless in all that I undertake and by my example help others to be fearless, too.

Happy New Year!

7:24 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

One word... hope.
or ...
possibility.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

My word is "Lighten". "Joy" is an excellent word, too, and I hope you find it in ample quantity through the year, even as you provide it for others.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I really love your one all-encompassing word; I haven't thought of what mine might be yet, although I find both yours and Ellen's inspiring. I'm rather thinking that it might be "mindfulness" for me this year...

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Joy is an excellent choice! There needs to be more of it in this world.

I can't believe your sweetie doesn't want a drawerful of purple socks either. My first husband would LOVE that.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!