knitnana: YAY! It's A 3-Day!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, May 22, 2009

YAY! It's A 3-Day!

Don't you just love a three-day weekend? I almost skipped out of the office tonight...and that's saying a lot with my PF!!!
:)
I've got plans - big ones - for my 3 days. Besides all the routine laundry, cleaning up, running errands that I normally do on the weekends, I've also planned to do a few things - I want to go out to the Salem Farmer's Market - I'm going to try to find two tomato plants (Grape, Golden Pear, Sun Gold or Sweet 100 cherries, depending on what I can find now) for the front porch urns (and that's all, no big potted garden this year, as I just don't have the energy for it), I'm hoping to run over to our new second-hand shop just for the heck of it (even tho' I need nothing, but it's fun anyway), I might stop by one of those antique malls - there's one up towards Salem that I like and I haven't been there forever...and of course, there'll be some sewing - there are orders to fill, after all.

I'm also planning to finish a second one of these for the Sock Summit Barn Raising blanket they're going to raffle or auction off - I have to get them in the mail the first of next week to get them there on time, so I have to do the second one this weekend.

I've started the second Regia Silk Cabletini sock for my SIL:
and I'm struggling on the Kaffe Fasset striped sock.

Why? Well, it's being knit on size 0s. While I like the fabric, I don't like the needle size. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Addi circs (come to think of it, I have one, I just need a second one) in size 0 to see if they're any easier on my hands, but these are really making me hurt. Odd. Smaller has always been better, but it's possible that it's more the weather and the ups and downs and wet and dry changes we've been having (and it's not going to be a lot better next week, either, as we'll have clouds and rain every day next week - but it's going to be 80 degrees most days so at least something will be consistent!).

Still I got the toe of the second Cabletini OTN in about 45 minutes tonight, using my trusty size 1.5s - and my hands don't hurt. We'll try metal, first, because I really really like the fabric I knit on size 0s. But...It may be a moot point.

Anyway. I hope you have great cookouts, lots of fun activities, much knitting time. Oh - and remember why we have Memorial Day in the first place, okay? Put out the flag, and remember those who are defending us wherever they are. If you see someone in uniform this weekend? Remember to say "thank you!"
(((hugs)))

3 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Sounds like great weekend plans. I think smaller needles can be better but only up to a certain point... then our hands end up in cramped positions that take their toll. Maybe "0" is your cutoff point. Lovely shimmering green though.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if you're knitting the sock on 4 DP's, go ahead and replace two of them (adjacent, of course) with the circular you have. It will give you a sense of whether or not circs will help.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Sounds like you're having a fabulous weekend! Lots of good plans, there. I find that size zeros are just hard on my hands no matter what needles I use, but especially with dpns and smaller circs, maybe because the small diameter combined with short needles is particularly hard?

I got some yarn in the mail today that reminded me SO much of you -- I posted a pic, even!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!