knitnana: Ten on Tuesday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Since I'm still struggling to get my groove back after the weekend, I thought I'd participate in this - and believe it or not? I can almost say I've been to 10 cities...
1. Boston MA - I have family there, and we spent the day when my daughter was about 9 trundling around to the sites. What do I remember? Shopping in a high-rise mall at an extremely expensive men's store (my uncle's choice!) and the salesclerk chuckling over my daughter's intention to pay for a tie that was "eighty-nine" - my daughter handed her a dollar.
;)
2. Washington DC - have not just visited but lived there. I adore visiting. Hated living there. Hmm...have family there, too.
3. Richmond VA - not my favorite town, I haven't been there enough not to always get lost. I have family there, too.
4. Montreal - I was there for Expo '67, as a wee thing. I remember coming back across the border and being asked if we'd bought anything at the Russian exhibit. My dad said no. But I knew I'd gotten a little lapel pin. All my growing up years, I was convinced the Russians had bugged that and knew our every move...(I wanted very much to be Agent 99 on Get Smart).
5. Chicago - drove there with my ex when my daughter was only a few months old. I have no memory of anything but big roads...
6. New York City - I've ridden through and changed trains at Penn Central twice. Have never set foot in the city. I want to tho' - as long as I'm with someone who knows their way around!
7. Charlotte NC - was there last month and a year ago to see the Yarn Harlot - a neat town, even if you can't seem to leave the area without getting turned around!
8. Rochester, MN - Mayo Clinic trained in Women's Heart Disease community education. I adored this town, the Clinic is amazing, all the tunnels underground, filled with shops! The convent where we had seminars in yoga and tai chi. I could live in Rochester (ok, I know it's cold).
9. Pittsburgh, PA - I visited in the 80s - remember Flash Dance? It was about that same time period. I thought it was amazing...the tunnels (which terrified me, but I had to drive through them!), the bridges over the three rivers? Wow...loved it. And the people were very nice. (I'd been warned here that going there was going to be "dirty and the people aren't friendly at all..." - so not true).

My 10th city? I haven't been there yet, but I'll be there before the summer is out:
10. Portland OR - for Sock Summit.

I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

This'll be my first time in Portland, too! Heehee :) (But, depending on what counts as a city, I think I've been in 10 in CA alone -- I drive up and down this state a LOT, I now realize...)

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Portland is fabulous if only for Powell's but it's got so much more. And so many yarn shops in one city!!

Lol at your daughter handing the salesclerk a dollar. Much more reasonable for a tie. ;)

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!