knitnana: Addi Turbo Lace Needles!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Addi Turbo Lace Needles!

I swatched tonight - a few rows in Feather & Fan, just to see how the needles feel in my hands. These fingers that, under stress, in cold, in humidity, that have just done too much, will creep into claws when I least expect it. They are finicky. Bamboo is the best to date. KP Options have been entirely too heavy. I have been using Addi Naturas for knitting lace, but while I can live with the join, have been unhappy about it. So...without further ado? Photos here:

And here:

That's KP's Shadow laceweight in Vineyard, planned to use for Hidcote. It's a bit slippery, and bit splitty. Very soft.

The needles? Well, they're metal, no question. Yes I think the brass drags just a touch, to keep a bit more control on the needle, not as much as bamboo, but more than regular metal needles (and I do not own any Addi Turbos because I can't handle the slipperiness).

I do like the bright brass that shows up the dark yarn.

BUT...my favorite thing? The weight - these are light as a feather - lighter even than the Naturas. My hands shouldn't get too tired holding these long periods of time. I like the tips, too. These are size 3s and in a quick comparison to my size 1 sock needles (bamboo) I think they're as pointy. The tips are as pointy as bamboo needles 2 sizes smaller! This IS just a eyeballing of it, I didn't do anything scientific.

I like Addi Turbo Lace needles. Now to try an entire shawl with them!
(Oh ... and Angelika's was amazing. I ordered these on Friday and they arrived today! Such great service...

9 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I find the Turbos are light and I think I knit quicker on them then anything else. I'm glad you found something you like for lace and I can't wait to see the shawl you make with them!

Ruinwen
:)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Now if they would only recognize that sock knitters need pointy needles and make them in smaller sizes...

8:25 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I bought a pair too and can't wait to give them a try!

10:23 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

can't find them yet in NYC, can you believe it? had to order them. sounds good!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Glad you like the needles! It's good to know that they are light weight. I do second Chris' opinion, that it would be nice to get pointy needles for socks. Looking forward to seeing your shawl. I have 2 skeins of the same yarn, but I have yet to decide what to knit.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I'm still a fan of the vintage Susan Bates nylon circulars - no joins, nice points and not too slippery. The only problem is that I have to scout them out at garage sales, but I've found several sizes suitable for lace (now if I ever get up my nerve to finish Adamas and figure out what to do with my latest find of lace weight in off white)..

9:17 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Great review. Now if I can just get my hand on a pair. :-)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mera said...

Any new item, when I see what my Dear Mom can do with it, seems inexplicably like magic! My knitting keeps falling off the needles and looks a mess... Mom, you're amazing! :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

There's nothing better for lace knitting...however, when I have a choice I use Denise's Interchangeable Needles. The plastic is smooth and flexes just a bit. I have to have the flex.

But sometimes only Addi's will do...and they are great needles.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!