knitnana: What 2012 Was Supposed to Be
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What 2012 Was Supposed to Be

If you remember, I'd thought this would be the year of small lacy things. So, what have I made in lace? Nothing.

And it was supposed to be the year of finishing things. So how much have I completed? Precious little.

I also hoped it would be the year I could finally bust thru my stash and not buy, buy, buy in the yarn department. But how much stash-busting have I done? HAH! And have I refrained from purchasing more yarn? Nope.

In fact, I finally broke down and purchased another plastic bin for the yarn that was piling up on top of the other bins too full to accommodate more. Yup. I gave in.

But I did manage to begin the Sock Yarn Remnants Blanket in blues/tans/browns:
All this harkens back to one pretty important admission I made years ago on this very blog:

Hello. My name is Knitnana and I'm a yarnaholic.

And they say admitting the problem is the first step to recovery? Hehehe. Hasn't worked for me.

So, I'm a committed knitter, learning to crochet. The yarn and needle/hook stash is growing. What isn't? Frankly, the fabric stash. I've taken a huge, hard look at the walls of fabric in the sewing room, and with the slight exception of some rare fabric or a blender for a bag order, I've stopped buying fabric.

I should probably just be happy with that, shouldn't I?

Of course, I'm not. But I did manage to follow a tradition I began several years ago:
I spent Mother's Day picking out flowers and potting them in the urns on the front porch. This was just before the heavens opened up and it rained heavily for two days. Today the sun shown nicely, and the temperatures were even springlike. And look how they perked up all sweet and pretty?

6 Comments:

Blogger EGunn said...

Best laid plans, huh? I often start out a year with a particular direction in mind, only to realize later how laughably inaccurate those ideas were. As long as you enjoy the outcome, it doesn't matter, right? Love the colors in your blanket blocks. =)

10:26 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It is good to start the year with a goal or two. One needn't finish the year with the same goal, that would be so inflexible!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I was going to knit all sweaters in 2012, and now I'm knitting socks.

I like the squares for the blanket!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Your heart and hands know what they want. Make what you love to make!

The flowers are beautiful.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Well, I'm right there with you in the stashaholics anonymous meetings. I'm impressed you're not buying as much fabric! :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Pretty!

Oh, plans.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!