knitnana: FO And A New Project (or Two)

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Friday, May 11, 2012

FO And A New Project (or Two)

I finished my blue tweed socks:
And put the wine tweed socks OTN for my sis-in-law:
And decided I didn't have enough projects in process, so I gathered tons of leftover sock yarn and started a new blanket:
It's based on the one Kay Gardiner organized, and put together known as Oliver's Blanket back in 2007 to help raise funds to purchase a new wheelchair for a little boy named Oliver in England.

However, her blanket squares were 4" and I'm making these 6" square. (I'd like not to go nuts sewing them together!)

Have a lovely weekend! I'll be enjoying a smallish reunion of girlfriends who attended the same elementary school in the 1960s...(yes, that does tell you about how old I am, doesn't it?)

And we'll be having a blast!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Have fun at the reunion!

6:04 AM  
Blogger cauchy09 said...

ooh, pretty blue socks! sounds like you're going ot have a great weekend.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I love those blue socks (in that way that I do). And the colors for the blanket look fabulous - can't wait to see it all knitted up :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Lovely blue for the socks! And your sis-in-law should love that burgundy.

I need to plan a project for left over sock yarn.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782