knitnana: Ten on Tuesday...oh, another one!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Ten on Tuesday...oh, another one!

This time it's 10 things you love about fall, and since I really do love fall, I think I can play along with this one, too!

1. Cooler temperatures. I am not a summer fan at all, I hate heat and humidity. So I adore not having to run the A/C all the time!
2. The air is crisp and clear - and that means I can walk outside on the Greenway! Saturday, I shared a lovely walk with my WW buddy, and it was delightful to get the exercise without dripping from the heat!
3. It's apple and pumpkin season, and that means it's time for my two favorite low-point treats: Baked Honeycrisp Apples with Maple Sugar Candy (2 points), and Pumpkin Fluff (1 point)!
4. I can turn on the oven again and bake potatoes (usually sweet ones, but sometimes an Idaho!). And roasts...with potatoes and carrots and celery - roasted veggies!
5. Warm woolies - sweaters, and fingerless mitts come out quickly, because someone in our office still runs the A/C and freezes us out...not naming names.
6. I kick into high gear with knitting and sewing items for holiday gifts and for charity.
7. Football is back on TV and once in a blue moon you'll find me catching a Steeler's game and knitting...(shhhh....don't tell anyone!)
8. It's soup season! Out comes the crockpot and away we go with all the recipes I've been collecting with an eye to cooler temps and the need for a wonderful steaming bowl of soup.
9. White pumpkins and purple mums!
10. The Meezer comes back to bed - to burrow underneath the covers, heat-seeker that she is...I miss her in the summer time...I have no idea whether The Tonk will join us or not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love "soup season". I can't wait to crock up a big pot of something yummy. I'm just not ready to be so cold. *hugs*

2:26 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love fall, too! Especially soup and warm woolies, and cuddly cats :)

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Soup season! I love fall. Shorter days finally too.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Another vote of agreement.

Our kiddens haven't learned to cuddle under the blankets yet. Instead they attach your feet whenever you move them. Funny the first 3 or 4 times...

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!