knitnana: A Fun Meme
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Fun Meme

Margene posted this and her's was such fun, I decided to copy it...hope you like my answers as well as you do hers! (ok...sort of as well, she was obviously a fun gal for all her firsts!)
Who was your first prom date? My FIRST? I never went to a prom. So no first, second, or third prom date! (I was a wallflower and a bookworm, there was one boy who liked me, a black-caped, long-haired Edgar Allen Poe wannabe from the drama department whom I tried desperately to avoid...I would not have accepted a date to the prom had he asked me!)
Do you still talk to your first love? No. I would if I knew where he was. He was a nice guy. I was 12. He was 14. My sister and brother-in-law invited him to be an usher in their wedding so he could walk me down the aisle (see below).
What was your first alcoholic drink? White Russian - I was illegal, but no one cared enough to check. Always looked older than I was, till now (whew!).
What was your first job? Receptionist and bookkeeper for the Miller & Rhoads Beauty Salon. My former boss is still my WonderStylist, tho' she is now semi-retired!
What was your first car? Oh. Well. Not that I want to admit it. Ok. If I must: A Chevy Vega notch-back in...(sigh)...Electric Orange. It was the cheapest thing on the lot at the end of the season, I was 18, and had no money. But I needed to get around...(And yes, once in my life, I did have a red Mustang (you may sing it now, and will probably have that particular earworm for the rest of the day, right?)!
Who was the first person to text you today? NOT. I do not have the privilege of texting on my bare-bones cell account.
Who is the first person you thought of this morning? Steve Inskeep. For the life of me, I can't seem to understand why that man's voice is so jarring to me every morning...(see below)
Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Davis. She was also my second grade teacher, as our school system thought such continuity at the beginning of the elementary grades was important. She had silver hair. I thought she was an angel (and she was).
Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Washington, DC, to hear my brother-in-law in a violin recital, and then attend a concert with him playing as a member of the National Symphony Orchestra! I think I was in high school at the time.
Who was your first best friend and are you still friends? Cam. She lived next door. We still communicate via email occasionally, but she doesn't live in Roanoke, so we don't see each other often. I run into her mom sometimes tho'. Cam is still blonde and willowy. Hmm...can't hate her, she's much too nice.
What was your first sport played? Badminton. In my backyard. I was rotten at it. Am rotten at all sports.
Where was your first sleepover? Probably at Indy's - my second best-friend, who lived on the street behind us.
Who was the first person you talked to this morning? (Not a person) The Meezer. And like Margene, I also talk to myself, so maybe I should say "me!"
Whose wedding were you first in? Big Sis's, I was a bridesmaid. My mom sewed all the dresses (a primary reason there were only two attendants!) My sister's had tiny covered buttons all down the back of the dress. My mother developed bursitis in her left shoulder from sewing those dresses. I remember her sitting at the sewing machine, crying as she struggled to finish those dresses. The shot of cortizone the doc gave her was a miracle. I think she even danced it was so good to be free of the pain (my mom was also a nut - I get it honestly!).
What was the first thing you did this morning? Hit the snooze alarm on Steve Inskeep's voice!
What was the first concert you went to? Probably Roanoke Symphony Orchestra. But the first rock concert was Neil Diamond - I STILL love him.
What was your first tattoo or piercing? One hole in each ear. Age 16. Never had another, and no tattoos.
What was the first foreign country you went to? Canada - first and only, and only for one day. Expo 67.
What was your first run in with the law? Arrested for failure to appear in court on a traffic offense. (Driving on expired tags...I was 22, and did not have a Day Runner or other calendar, the summons had the date written over so that I couldn't read the 8th or 9th of that month - didn't matter, because on the 10th I remembered...and turned myself in...Mom bailed me out and I sobbed for 3 days. It was thrown out of court when the judge took one look at me, wearing a navy polka-dot dress with white collar and cuffs, standing with my attorney, and said, "I don't know how this happened, but pay your fine, and get out of here, case dismissed." I have always, like Margene, been a good grrl...
When was your first detention? "I was a good grrl. Really I was," to quote Margene. I don't think I ever went to detention. Ever. Yes, I was a teacher's pet, what of it?
What was the first state you lived in? Virginia - first, last, and always. (But I was conceived in Vermont...or that's the story, at least)
Who was the first person to break your heart? my first boyfriend (see above). We were not right for each other, but it still hurt.
Who was your first roommate? My ex-husband. (I lived at home till I moved in with him, then moved back home after. Have lived by myself since - oh. Maybe I can count my MOM as my roomie? We were best buds!)
Where did you go in your first limo ride? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm still waiting for my first limo ride!

5 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I don't do the texting thing either.. nor do have I ever ridden in a limo. Rock on, sister. ;-)

5:54 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Awwwww! That was sweet. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

These are great! I'm still waiting for my first limo ride, too... :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a nice window into your world!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't text either, and I've only been in two limos, both for wedding purposes. :-)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!