knitnana: Knitting After Hours...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Knitting After Hours...

Shhh....
This is the second late night spent on these socks. I started them about midnight last night, and have worked on them a little today, but mostly tonight. These are Wendy's Seaweed Socks. And it's my second try at them...
The first time around, I didn't read the directions and started using my standard 1.5 Harmony circulars. The pattern calls for 0s. The sock was LARGE on my foot (for the small size). The 0s came from Knitpicks this week and I am much much happier with the fabric now! And the size...(come to think of it, I'm happier with the Harmony 0s than I am with the two pair of 1.5s I have...what gives? These are soooooo much smoother!)

Why am I up so late working on them? Well..I'm trying to be quiet, but I'm not sleepy...
And she won't say it but I can...we have "company." I'm not exactly sure why she thinks that's special, because I surely don't. I don't like extra people in the house. I just like my Mommie.

The Meeze is right. We have company. And they're very tired and went to bed early...so I'm trying hard to be quiet.

(Thankfully knitting is quiet and can be done in low light (which is why the photos are dark, too! lolol)

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Company is always one of those mixed blessings ;) But the socks are unadulterated good stuff! The quiet time is certainly being used productively...

11:45 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the colorway of those socks! And knitting is a great way to spend some quiet time while letting guests sleep.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sock knitting is quiet, but when Meezers want to go to bed, and want their human to come, too, it can be LOUD! VBG!

Hope you had a good weekend.

3:21 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

(Quietly) thinking pink! I hope you and your company had a great weekend.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Knitting is such a great hobby for so many, many reasons; crochet too. I've just returned to sewing lately and I am LOVING it!!! Another great hobby.

Hugs to you and the kitties, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

11:16 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

It's a good thing knitting is such a quiet occupation. Just think if your hobby were playing drums! :-D

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!