knitnana: Protracted Birthdays...and Late! Late! Late!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Protracted Birthdays...and Late! Late! Late!

My Knitpicks Birthday order arrived! So be prepared, this is a photo-heavy post, those of you on dial-up, I'm sorry in advance...

First up are the two books I ordered:
Tweed and YNotKnit. The second one I've been putting in and out of my cart for months now, and finally got on the 40% off sale...I haven't had time to look at either of them, but I'm excited to think I might teach myself Continental Style knitting...I flipped through Tweed and if I ever make a sweater there are a couple I might decide to queue!

And then there was the yarn (most of this is from their new colors):
Bayou Shimmer laceweight - I'm thinking the Swallowtail Shawl (that's the Ravelry link)
Essential Tweed in Blue Ox (socks, what else?)
Felici in Provence (more socks!)
Gloss in black - only one skein for a pair of fingerless mitts to go with the Koolhaas Hat I knit in January.
Imagination in the colorway Evil Stepmother (for more socks, of course) - hmm...that's also the Red Hats colors, so I'm not so sure I take kindly to the inference that older women are evil, but I suppose with the fairytale theme of these colorways - shoot - no! KP, what were you thinking? Haven't you read Clarissa Pinkola Estes????
The size 0 Harmony needles that started this entire order! NOW when I finish the Black Iris socks, I can finally work on Wendy's Seaweed Socks with the right needles! Maybe they'll fit, even! lolol

I'm really really late (okay, only two days so far) getting this book back to the library. When I went to try to renew it, I discovered that there were others who had placed holds on the book so I couldn't renew...
So as a result, at lunch yesterday, I broke down and tried to do something Jane is always doing - you see, I'm ALSO trying to finish those Black Iris socks for this two week's contest at Summer of Socks '08! Gotta do that by 11:59 p.m. Friday! I couldn't figure any other way than to try multi-tasking...this is my setup at home, not the office (I had to recreate it, because I didn't have the camera at the office). With luck I'll have the book finished today and returned by tonight, so it won't cost much in late fees.

I hate being late. But...oddly enough? I don't mind paying the fines. They're not very steep, and I know they're for the best cause of all - my wonderful library.

Let me tell you, I find Jim Webb's thinking quite fascinating. He writes eloquently and has obviously done a great deal of research on his thesis. If you find yourself looking for a serious read, this might be it. You'll learn a great deal, even if you don't agree with his premise.

It's refreshing to think that someone of his intellect is representing the Commonwealth in the Senate.

Just my two cents worth...

8 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Multi-tasking is fun! {bg}

2:08 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Nice to see such great birthday loot:) I have never mastered reading and knitting at the same time... more power to ya!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I love all the yarns! I appreciate the critique of Jim Webb's book - I am going to request it from the library right now.

5:38 AM  
Blogger elaines630 said...

I love the harmony needles. However, waiting at the airport the other day, I was knitting with them and snap! One of the needles broke! I was able to find some tape and with some wiggling they still work! I have some of the felici in Providence on my needles right now! I really like the colors.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo nice stuff! Happy Birthday! Enjoy your loot. :-)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Great haul! I especially like the Bayou Shimmer. So shiny!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Excellent haul from Knit Picks; I really like the colors you chose. Again, Hippo Birdie To Ewe!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely stash enhancement! I got a chuckle from the comment that you started just wanting needles. I think that's something we all can relate too.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!