knitnana: Making Up For Lost Time? :)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Making Up For Lost Time? :)

Yes. I know it seems as if all I'm doing is posting now, right? lol

Well I wanted to assure you that I do still knit. So...here is a glimpse of what I've been working on for the past couple of weeks (in between everything else).

Remember Catharina?

This is my Faroese Style Shawl group that I run on Yahoo. I've been working on this shawl since last May (ok, I never once said I knit lace fast!). I stopped in January when I had to rip back a ton of work for an error. And then picked it up a couple of weeks ago and knit a bit...well, long story short, I suddenly realized that the one pair of Addi Turbo Lace Needles that I own was the right size for this shawl. So I switched needles. And Catharina is FLYING thru my fingers (have I told you yet how much I love love love these needles???)

Here's the requisite "lump of unblocked lace" shot, but she's draped over my storage ottoman for the dark burgundy contrast, and it at least shows there's a lot of yarn there...My Big Sis should be reading this and getting very excited. While I haven't yet used up the first ball of 880 yards of Knitpicks undyed laceweight merino, I'm thinking that there's really hope for this project. Big Sis will be here in July and I hope we can do a "test fit" to determine the length she'll be happy with.

Then here's the Chevron scarf. It's only as long as the ottoman is wide, but it, along with my STR Rooster Rock second sock are my carry everywhere projects.

Finally, because it arrived while my computer was completely out of commission, I have sadly neglected a lovely gift from Chris. Is this not gorgeous yarn? Chris hand dyed it. It's the deepest, richest burgundy and purple yarn...Thank you so much Chris. This yarn is scrumptious, and you've done an outstanding job! I can't tell you yet what I'll make from it - either socks or a lace scarf. I'm kinda leaning towards another pair of Feather & Fan socks (ooh! that's both socks AND lace!)...

(Should I tell you that today I broke down and bought yarn for two more sock projects? As well as placed an order for two more sizes of Addi Turbo Lace needles?)
(sigh)
I have said it before...knitting is my passion. Socks and Lace. But I promise this is it for a bit...I simply have to put a curb on things...

I suppose I could have a far worse compulsion, right?

(Also as a reply to Barbara Kay...thank you for helping me put my Lupus "flare" in perspective? I am adding your daugther to my prayers. I'm grateful that I can take medications that keep it under control with only relatively minor symptoms that are pesky at best. I have never been so serious as to require the treatments your daughter goes through, for which I am grateful - but I was being a bit selfish last night, and I apologize! It's important to be reminded that there are many who are so much worse.)

My deepest thanks to everyone who wished me well last night - it is my blog pals who truly do get me through! I don't know what I'd do without you folks!
:)
(((hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Catharina is really coming along - I'm so glad that you found needles that you liked. And the chevron scarf is neat.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

That's beautiful yarn! The shawl and scarf are looking good. Glad you are back up to speed on your computering. :)

2:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your shawl and scarf are looking great. Sorry to hear you have been so unwell, Chronic pain and illness are difficult to live with.

8:50 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Chris does beautiful work!! Your shawl is looking so nice. Have a relaxing, lovely weekend and stay well!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your projects are wonderful! There is not anything much better than lace and socks...and I have the same yarn purchasing weakness. : )

The Catharina shawl is beautiful! I'm sure you sister will be ecstatic.

I hope you feel better and better every single day.

10:24 AM  
Blogger kat said...

the shawl is beautiful. I too love my audi's, they make knitting a joy. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope things turn around soon!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Aren't those Addi Lace needles just DA BOMB? I finished a small shawl in two weeks because I loved loved loved working with them so much. Like you said, lace literally flies off the needles with those babies.

I also love that yarn! What gorgeous colours.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're very welcome!! I just bought an Addi lace needle today... we shall see...

8:14 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Good to see you posting again! Catharina is just breathtaking! The chevron looks lovely too! :)

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!