knitnana: Triangle Lace Shawl Class!

Please visit our booth at the National Capital Cat Show

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Triangle Lace Shawl Class!

I can't tell you how pleased and proud of myself I am. There are two people who are responsible for getting me to this point in this class: Kitt and Birdsong. Because last weekend I would have given up completely. But they wouldn't let me. I can't tell you how many times I frogged what you see above. I can't because I really don't know - I lost count. I can tell you that tonight, after having made it to row 17 last weekend, I pick this up again, only to come out wrong on my count and in tinking back I dropped two stitches. I love this Wool-eze yarn, but it's so soft, it just slipped and slipped and I couldn't catch it fast enough. Yes, I had a safety line in. But I'd forgotten to write down (last weekend) the row at which I inserted it. Another lesson learned.

So I frogged and started over yet again. I'm very pleased to show you this photo, taken at row 25, progressive blocking. I'm learning every time I pick this up to work on. I can read a chart now. It's quite hard for me, being without a portion of my vision, but I can read one if I take it slow. All of this was done from the chart. I'm proud of myself for that.

So later this week, I'll start lesson two. I have bags to make (and you'll see photos of those in the coming days).

But Nana is knitting, too! Have a terrific weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Momma22wildfires said...

Yep, lace is tricky like that! I can't knit lace around the girls because they require me to put it down (and often without notice!). I can't wait to see more!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Your lace is beautiful so far! I love the color, so peaceful and calming! You are doing a great job...I'm glad the class is so enriching for you!

Ruinwen
:)

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous| Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Previous

Next