knitnana: Promise I'm Still Here!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Promise I'm Still Here!

I'm even knitting!

And feeling better, tho' after spending tonight standing in the kitchen putting the CSA Share in the freezer and making dinner (you know, I don't really LIKE to cook anymore!), my back is hurting again...not as badly, but still. Frankly, I think the ESIs handled the inflammation in my spine, just dandy, but now my long-ignored fibromyalgia is saying, "hey, don't forget about me, I'm here, too!"

I would just as soon it would take a hike!

Which basically is what I did on Sunday! I walked the entire length of the huge Valley View mall (from Macy's to Sears and back again) looking for a suitable carryon bag - one that would fit Delta's requirements - and a few other miscellaneous things. I didn't find any of them on Sunday (I did last night, tho'!), but I was so pleased that, while my back wasn't completely pain-free, I was able to pace myself pretty well, and survive the long walk. This bodes very well for Sock Summit and Portland in August! Whoohoo!

Anyway, I told you I was working on bags and such for me to take/carry to Sock Summit, and I have finished! Here they are:
Jocelyn asked if the fabric was velvet when she saw them - no, that's Japanese Dobbie Cloth. It's a nubby, rustic cotton, and I love it. These were experimental bags. The fabric is more expensive, harder to find, and a bit more of a challenge to work with, but I do like the results.

And yes, those seem to be my colors these days - navy, dark purple, a burgundy-plum, taupe, and sand...hmmm...reminds me of the Beached colorway of Blue Moon's BFL Sport that I'm making Shawl That Jazz from! (And I started the ruffled edging today, too!)

Wonder why those colors have made it into my summer attire? My pal Lynette would tell you that they've been my colors for years (she's right) - especially the navy, burgundy, while/taupe combo. I have a bedroom set in the mix, lots of clothes, used to have a navy car (oh, heck, I had a burgundy Mustang - yes, I know, don't go there - once, too!).

Anyway. If you follow that link up there to Nana Sadie's Place to read about my CSA share, you'll find out why The Meezer was having so much fun with this box:

I do love it when Mommie gets the Cuisinart box out...It's just the right height for me to love on while sitting up regally!

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I love those new bags... you will be both elegant and easy to find:) Glad to hear your back is doing better and walking much more comfortable. A young friend was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and is pretty freaked out, partly because it seems such a mysterious thing to pin down and deal with. Take good care of yourself, only a few more days now!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Your bags are beautiful.. Love them even tho' they aren't "my colors".. So glad to hear that the 2nd shot is taking effect.. {{{HUGS}}}

12:59 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Pretty new bags! I'm glad everything is coming together for you for Sock Summit.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Both of those bags are gorgeous -- I can't wait to finger the lovely fabric :) And they'll go beautifully with STJ (which sounds like it's coming along really quickly!). Congratulations on the long walk -- that does indeed bode well for the marketplace at sock summit :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yum...the dobbie DID make up beautifully. And those have been your colors for decades, not just years...do you realize that next year it will be twenty years since we met? (I found an old resume in the desk drawer, or I wouldn't have been able to figure it out!)

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the bags! Take care of yourself and have a wonderful trip!
Kathy F.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Those bags are gorgeous! They're going to go like hotcakes, I predict!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Have a super trip to Sock Summit! Hope you can be pain free.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!