knitnana: I'd Appreciate Your Opinion...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'd Appreciate Your Opinion...

Many times folks offer ideas for bags and accessories I should offer, and most of the time I have a good reason for not, but more times than any of you know, I try the suggestions. Sometimes there are really good reasons I don't carry an item, or make an adjustment (like the reason there are no pockets on the outside of any of my bags - the risk of snagging and pulling/tearing the fabric is so great that I just can't justify doing it). Sometimes the amount of work required to do a given thing makes what I'd have to charge so prohibitive that I know better than to do it. There are a lot of reasons why you don't see some things in my "stable" of offerings...

And then again, sometimes I truly haven't had a chance to try to make the particular item. This is one of those items:
A large, lined drawstring bag (this style is 15" tall by 8.5 inches wide, and about 2.5 inches deep at the box-bottomed base).

I mentioned it was lined? *wink*

(Can I mention how much I love this fabric duo? Fortunately, this one is the prototype and so it's MINE!)

It's big enough that today, I brought two skeins of yarn, 10-inch Harmony needles, and a crochet hook to work. (I'm making Scrubby Dots again...in that gorgeous Paton's Organic Cotton plum/aqua/ivory combo)

So...my question is this? Has it been done to death, so you wouldn't be remotely interested? Or do you like what you see?

Retail would be $18. (Oh, and there's a smaller size...)

8 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

It's GOOD! I like a drawstring bag and a nice one lined would be great. Does it have a pocket inside. A small (3"-4" wide) and deep pocket would be good for needles and such.
You're so creative!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i love what i see. this is my favorite type of project bag and with the way you pick your fabrics, i'd definitely be buying from you. :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Love it! I'd like it at least 12" high to accommodate a spindle and some fluffy stuff to spin.... Lined is nice. Really, really nice.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jadielady said...

Knitnana I love your bags and they are great quality, but my cat is too clever for buttons and snaps. I simply must have either zippers or drawstrings, otherwise she gets more fiber in her diet.
And have I mentioned I love cats and my favorite color combination is blue and brown? *coughmakemoreandi'llbuyoneipromisecough*

8:21 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I like the bag. Sorry but it looks easy for me to make. I have some fabric so I could do that. I like to have a lot of them as I've been looking for something to keep projects in that were all the same.
They would hang on a hook too. Thank you for the idea.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Very nice! I love that fabric combo, and the other commenters are right -- this is my favorite kind of project bag (using one for a spindle is a great idea, too!). :)

11:51 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Take it from drawstring to backpack-like and you might have me. I use nylon backpacklets all the time as project bags and wish they were more attractive.

But truth be told, you do such a wonderful job of construction is seems a pity to hide it in a non-structured bag.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I read Jessie's post and went, "Oooohh!" and immediately followed the link. What a cute bag! As usual, your work is phenomenal!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!