knitnana: Saturday Night/Sunday Early!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saturday Night/Sunday Early!

It's late and I should be in bed...but I just finished listening to Anita Shreve's Light on Snow and finished these:

A pair of socks in two weeks, I think! (I'm sooooooo impressed with myself!) lololol!

And I started another pair:

Thanks, Miss Muffin for modeling the Trekking 160 sock toe. I just had to start this color, to have a light pair to wear with my stonewashed jeans!

Today was devoted to making up bag orders, then tonight was the Gala Concert for Opera Roanoke. An amazing performance of a variety of pieces from different operas by many composers - a smorgaasbord of intensity...ending in the finale to Act 1 of
Lucia di Lammermoor, which is one of my favorite operas (tho' just why I always pray that it will end differently whenever I hear it, I don't know - the romantic in me, I guess!). The orchestra overshadowed the singers a bit, as they were on stage as well. There's a reason the orchestra is in the pit for an opera! It was too bad, as the singers were amazingly good - and all donated their time as a contribution to the fundraiser that the Gala Concert is. The orchestra was good, too. There were just a few spots where they were a bit too loud.

The Calico Curmudgeon has decided since her visit to the vet that her bed is no longer acceptable. So I tried something different, and while she hasn't been won over by the setup, she's put up with it...until this:

Of course, if it's new, and CC shows any interest in it, The Meezer has to muscle in and take it over.
(sigh)

Ok. It's late, and I've got a ton of Nana Sadie Rose sewing to do tomorrow!
Till then!
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

The socks are spectacular --
(I thought I was the only one who wished Lucia ended differently!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What great socks and in such wonderful colors... the ones I love but that you can wear instead:) Take good care of yourself, you overachiever!!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Beautiful socks!

3:40 AM  
OpenID dropstitchknitter said...

Gorgeous socks! Good luck with the sewing!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Veggies.... said...

Your socks are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colors and design. Hope you are feeling lots better by now. Sinus congestion is a real PAIN!!!!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782