knitnana: Treats!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Treats!

This entry is loaded with photos today! I finally got around to acknowledging a couple very belated items, as well as showing off some new stuff!
Way back on July 11 when I bought a lovely shawl pin from Chris (you can see a photo by clicking on my archives...) she included these lovely sea glass stitch markers/row counters! They're just such a lovely color...so far I haven't gotten them to my knitting - they're sitting here next to me where I can enjoy looking at them while I'm on the computer! lololol!
Then you may remember that I won a prize on August 1 in a drawing for Knit Yoga's bloggaversary? Well, when I went to the photos of her work to choose my prize, I fell in love with the beads in a necklace. But I dearly wanted one of her shawl pins! So, I asked...and I was rewarded (see you should always ask!) with this lovely, lovely addition to my Highland Triangle Shawl! You really must visit Hazel's blog and her website which is just getting going! This pin is light as a feather (tho' it looks as if it would be much heavier, doesn't it?) and just gorgeous in the turquoise and brown beads...Thank you so much, Hazel! It's beautiful!
I was so taken with Hazel's work, that when I saw these frog stitch markers, well... you know I just had to have them! I collect stitch markers and I have either purchased or been gifted with some of the nicest ones for sale on the internet over the past year or so, if I do say so myself! These are very special "No-Frog" frog stitch markers! (And frogs are DGS#1's very favorite things, too!)
Note that the rings here are a double loop. There's not a single wire end anywhere to snag your knitting - I just love this design feature! These look as if they'd really weight your knitting down, BUT they aren't in the least heavy! (Weight is something I really do worry about, as my hands just won't hold up to long knitting sessions if the needles and work weigh too much!)
Now, I think I mentioned back in July that I had bought this lovely colorway of Sugar n Cream dishcloth cotton to make my favorite childhood ice cream flavored dishcloths? Here are the two Neopolitan dishcloths (Grandmother's Favorite pattern, free on the web) finally completed! Yes, mindless knitting is pretty much all I can handle these days, and then only for a few minutes at a time...sewing for the National Capital Cat Show takes up most of my evenings and weekends these days. But then it lets me make up lots of Cloths for Crisis, which is a really good charity knitting group, (ok, I'm a co-owner so I'm a bit biased!) (((hugs)))
If I ignore her and stare out the window, sitting right where the sewing machine normally sits, do you think I can stop her from sewing and make her pay attention to me?...The Meezer

6 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

The shawl pin is perfect Meezer colors! Lovely!! And I found myself wanting a dish of ice cream just looking at the washcloths! LOL.. {{HUGS}}

8:11 PM  
Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

You have a lot of nice treats there - have fun with them all!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lots of fun things for you to play with - but you should definitely play with the Meezer first.

10:57 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

So glad you were pleased with the pin and stitchmarkers. Those dishcloths look fab!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Meezer, Meowmie has the sewing machine out today, determined to start er up....Im going to take a nap!!!

Did you happen to see that CANINE post on my Meowmie's blog, a couple of days ago...its getting way too much attention. I am trying to delete it but no luck so far.

Headbonks, The Mitz

4:42 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

The Meezer and Chaos really need to meet!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!