knitnana: My One Year Blogiversary...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, January 27, 2006

My One Year Blogiversary...

An entire year...and what an amazing force in my life this blog has been!

A year ago, I had no idea what a KAL was, coding a blog was a foreign concept (well, to be honest, I'm still working on that one...). I was only just embarking on my relationships in Yahoo Group-dom. I didn't know the vast majority of the internet blogging/knitters I now consider my dear friends. And, I was still knitting at the beginner level, managing only fun fur scarves and rectangular shawls in K3, P3! I had no idea how to use circular needles or how to knit in the round on dpns. I was hesitant to take an on-line class. Heck, even my business website hadn't been christened!

My life is so much richer today...mostly because of the relationships I've formed through this blog and my Yahoo friends. You know who you are...most of you are on that sidebar list over there ---> though some of you in Yahoo-land still don't have your own blogs (so what ARE you waiting for?). I've even "met" and corresponded with knitting designers and authors!

While it hasn't always been happy and upbeat, it has always been enlightening! I have lived my life to learn, and this blog is another facet of that lifestyle commitment!

In one short year, my knitting confidence has soared, all because of this blog and the friendships I've made through it. I've taken 3 on-line classes in knitting through NeedleCraft U, discovered a website that teaches (with videos) what I don't know (KnittingHelp), enjoyed discussions with likeminded knitters on Knitters Review and my Yahoo Groups listed down below. I've owned (and co-owned) several successful KALs. And launched a web-based business sewing knitting totes and purses at Nana Sadie Rose.

The other thing this blog did for me was help me change my focus from a very unhappy and frightened one that was centered on my (then) new diagnosis of an autoimmune disease. Along with a supportive medical community, the right meds, and yes, a reason to get up and out into the world - this blog and the on-line knitting community - I'm healthier and happier than I thought was possible.

I can't thank you enough - those of you who read this blog, those friends I've made through cyber-space, those members of KALs who are so supportive. Your comments are so welcome...I can't wait to see where we'll all be in 12 more months! Come along for the ride, okay?
(((hugs)))

19 Comments:

Blogger me myself and i said...

happy blogaversary girl!!! Heres to many more years of blogging and knitting....knit on!!!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY blogerversary with many many more to come! May you enjoy continued growth and success, health and happiness!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Happy happy!! We started our blogs just weeks from one another. My 1 year anniversary was the 6th of January and I let it slip by without even realizing it. {g} It's been a fun year, hasn't it? Here's to the next one being even better!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy blogaversary!!! Looking forward to the next 12 months myself!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Happy Blogaversary! I am so happy that we met and I can't tell you how much your encouragement and help has meant to me over the past year. You have helped me to try things I was scared of because of your courage to do them first. You are a good friend and an inspiration!

Ruinwen
:)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary.Just read your recent blogs and must be all new to me, what is MFMPPF? Thanks.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Happy Blogaversary! I am one of the lucky people who can now call you a friend thanks to the blogland of knitters. And, I am so proud of your adventurous spirit, which has soared along with your knitting skills.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh, my. Such lovely things you all say! Bless you all!
And to Anonymous...MFMPPF: Man From My Past, Present & Future
(someone very special to me)
:)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man From My Past, Present, Future!
How cute. I sure couldn't have guessed that. I enjoyed going back to your past blogs. Happy knitting.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Happy blogiversary! Isn't it amazing the great friendships we can make in this online knitting community? Knit on!

7:06 PM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Happy Blogaversary! Happy knitting and Blogging...

Amanda

7:09 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Happy Blog-day! I too agree that Blogville has become an amazing experience. Isn't it interesting that we can cross the boundaries of states, countries, race, religion and just "be" because we all have something in common (knitting, photography...)

It is a lovely and inspiring place~

It is a lovely and inspireing place~

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

WOW!! What a year! Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Happy Blogiversary!! A new year lies ahead with many hopes, dreams, and promises to be fulfilled :o)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Shelob said...

What a wonderful thing the net is now that it's not dominated by Young Urban Males! I joined my first listserv in '95, I started my own webpages in the void in '97, but I never found as many friends and chatting buddies as I have in the last year -- glad you found me!

9:56 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Happy blogiversary!!! :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger InkyW said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! I love reading your blog :)

Mine is coming up April 19th--it's gone by so fast and I agree, so many wonderful things have happened since blogging. Even reaching my bandwidth max this month, lol. Time to buy s'more!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Happy first blogiversary, mine was on the 20th so we started a week apart. It is amazing how many great friends we make. I was reading someones blog the other day and they mentioned how our close friends and relatives don't understand our excitement when we buy some new yarn or finish that project we have been working on, but our knitting friends in cyberspace do. Have another great year ahead blogging and knitting of course.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Happy belated blogversary!!! Mine will be later this month. It has been such a positive thing to be involved with such a cool bunch of people I never would have met in my entire life had it not been for the miracle of the internet. Hope you have many more years of blogging!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!