knitnana: Two Knitters in a Bookstore Coffee Shop

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Two Knitters in a Bookstore Coffee Shop

Well, last night I finally got a chance to meet up with Diana, who lives in my town but I only met thru Knitting Chicks, online! We've been planning this for several weeks. I think a lot of people in our local Barnes & Noble wondered about the two ladies at the corner table, one reading the other a children's book about knitting, both laughing and laughing, our knitting spread out on the table with our coffee cups! But what fun we had...We'll be getting back together soon, if only at our local Meet Up in May. (We're both very busy ladies...)

We did spend a lot of time looking at knitting books and magazines, and commenting on the fact that the patterns are geared more to the 20-somethings than to our generation. Most of what Vogue Knitting, Knitters, Family Circle Easy Knitting, to name a few, offer for patterns are just too extreme for us. Since I think our generation is still the largest one around (the Baby Boomers) and since I think we still have the most discretionary income to spend, wouldn't ya' think that maybe one or two would realize that they're missing a BIG market here? SnB may be fine to bring in a new generation of knitters, and it's a fun read, but please. I'm not about to sport a cap with kitty ears on it. Even if I do have cats!

Anyway, it was a really fun evening that I hope we'll repeat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitt said...

Awww come on Sallee! You wouldn't wear a kittykat ear cap??? *wink*
It sounds like you two had a wonderful time AND you didn't spend any $$!
I agree with the patterns in most magazines, I buy them more for the stitch guides and tips/techniques, I've only made 4 things out of magazines.
I can just imagine the two of you sitting there cackling!
Hugs,
Kitt

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782