knitnana: Tonk Tonk Tonk Tonk!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Tonk Tonk Tonk Tonk!

I got an email back from my friend, the Tonkinese breeder, and lo and behold, dontcha know, I was right?

Our little guy is indeed a Tonkinese (probably a mix) and is definitely a Champagne Point. So I guess I can't say I'll never have anything but a Siamese again, right? Truly I'd gone back and forth over the years, as this friend of mine is very enamoured of the Tonk breed, and she's quite persuasive. So this way, I landed one by luck of the draw!

Anyway, I'm not so sure I agree with the "feral" diagnosis. He's just so sweet.

But convincing The Meezer of that is something else again:

This is the closest I could get her on her own...

So this evening, I took matters in hand, and carried her into the room (in full protest, which is disconcerting, let me tell you). She cried and cried, and I set her down in the room with the door closed, and my back to it. Then I got on the floor with her, and the new little man came right up to her, in the friendliest fashion, Hi, ma'am, how are you? Can we be friends?

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Which I translated to say "Hell, no, you little twerp, get away from me!"

and off he ambled, with his little head cocked to the side (which is the way it stays)...

and back he came again (in between hisses, The Meezer cried and cried). She was a mass of trembles in my arms...sitting hunkered down in my crossed legs...

(Hisss and cry, cry and hisss)

over and over the little guy tried. He's such a cheerful thing, and definitely has the disposition to take on The Meezer, if anyone does! But finally he said, Okay. Be that way...and went off and stretched out on the floor.

And The Meezer cried and hissed, hissed and cried.

I finally gave up and opened the door to let her out.

Later, I fixed their dinner. The Tonk (yes, I think we'll call him that here) was ravenous (as kitties unsure of their next meals, are wont to be). And then, I opened the door to his room and invited him out.

(As reasonably sized as this 2 bedroom townhouse is? It must have appeared huge to him, and I'd already closed off my bedroom, to keep that just The Meezer's domain for the time being)

He circled and circled, checking everything out...wandering up and around and hither and yon. He's very good, if you say "No" he stops and turns around off in a different direction to see something else. And does have a touch of the ADHD of most teenage cats in him. Everywhere he goes his head is cocked to one side, of course. He looks so impishly endearing that way.

And The Meezer sat under the wingchair and each time he came near, she hissed (but she had stopped crying and didn't do that again).

After a bit, I think The Tonk was a little overwhelmed, so I brought him back upstairs (but you know, he's had a taste of what's beyond the door so he won't be that happy in the office from now on). He's played with the laser light (OH! WOW!) and is chowing down on kibble now. It's time for bed, and he'll settle in for the night...

The Meezer will no doubt snuggle with me. She's not in love yet, but we've certainly made progress in a short time.
(whew)

I did work this weekend:

My contribution to the Sedalia Door Prize selection - the Chocoholic's Posy Sock Sack, Oressa, mini-baglet, and key fob.

(and there are a few more things finished, too.)

Oh, and I'll have a food post over on Nana Sadie's Place for Meatless Monday tomorrow...you might want to check it out!

Have a good week!

5 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, love Tonk! I looked at the breed online and he's the real deal (mostly) with his triangular head and large ears and coloring.

He seems not at all feral, which I understand to be not human socialized. Adore the "head cocked to side" pose.

Sounds like he'll abide Meezer's top cat status. She'll abide him. Eventually.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

what an exciting day for the tong and poor meezer! intruder alert! intruder alert! ;-)

i'm sure she'll get used to him in no time.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Tonk seems to be just what Meezer needs even if she doesn't know it yet. lol :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm so glad that the introductions are getting better over time -- that's good news. He sounds like such a love, which, as you say, makes that "feral" diagnosis perhaps a bit too hasty on the part of the vet? Either way, he's lucky to be with you now!

4:04 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Here's hoping the Meezer and Mr Tonk will be firm buddies soon. I love your choccie projects. Mmmm - edible!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!