Ten on Tuesday this week is all about the past - the Ten Things You Miss from Childhood:
1. Horseback riding (and no, can't go back to it, under doctor's orders)
2. My Aunt's summer camp on Lake Champlain in Vermont (sadly, it's been sold)
3. Ballet Classes (every week - but see #1)
4. Summer vacations from school (heh. My boss wouldn't appreciate me taking the summer off!)
5. Sunday night summers growing up - Pancakes (mom's concoction for which there was never a recipe, Vermont Maple Syrup, and my Aunt's Sour Pickles - I think the recipe is somwhere in someone's box, but not mine.)
6. Friends who've passed away (Ricky, I'm thinking of you in particular).
7. My Dad's/Mom's garden and the tomatoes they grew - I cannot replicate the flavor no matter what! :(
8. The play's/shows my friends and I put on in the backyard.
9. Playing outside until dark and not being afraid - is there ANYONE who can say they aren't a wee bit worried if their kids/grandkids play outdoors for long nowadays? (what are we coming to?)
10. My mom. Enough said.
This was a nice walk down memory lane.