While I rarely participate in this weekly tradition in blogdom, this week's topic is Ten Everyday Things That Make You Happy, and lately, I've been extraordinarily happy, so I think I can come up with a minimum of ten...
1. My Sweetheart (I realize I could do this and just copy and paste down the list, but I won't!), the man who came into my life at exactly the right time and makes every day a joy just by being in it, by sending a funny little text, a quick call just to hear my voice, an email when we're apart, and a hug when we're together (just "because"). We're separated by 60 miles during the week, but I've never been made to feel as special as MS makes me feel, whether we're in the same place or not. He makes sure I hear his voice first thing in the morning and last thing at night, creates silly little notes that I find in the oddest places when I least expect it. I do think he's one in a million, and I might just be the luckiest girl in the world.
2. The Tonk - this happy-go-lucky little boy kitteh will never grow up, and is the silliest thing to watch. Toss him a ball of crinkly aluminum and he's in heaven, and the laughter his antics inspire is pure and spontaneous. He also thinks his Momma (me!) is the best person there is, tho' he's also pretty sure he's never met a stranger (and MS is his own personal play-toy).
3. The Meezer - my soon-to-be-elderly Siamese lady is the softest of fur and sweetest of dispositions. I've learned that she's really not a standoff-ish old curmudgeon-in-training, she just takes awhile to warm up to folks and trust them. But once she does, it's a joy to watch (MS is the very first person she's ever considered worthy of her warming up to)!
4. The grandkids. Don't see them enough, but they make me very happy when I do. Each one could have earned a number all his or her own, but I'll leave it concisely as one item. They're all the apple of my eye. And MS is delighted by them, too, which is cool!
5. I'm not sure what to call this, but I guess it's my "new-found body" - this is not the one I left behind in my teenage years, but it's certainly far better than the one that got me here some 35 years later, and I'm delighted to find that things work better than I expected, and certainly LOOK better than I'd ever considered possible at this age. There's something very happy about finding that you can bring health and fitness back to your life and benefit from it, it just takes a bit of work (and when MS joins me in the work, that's just a ton of fun!).
6. My job. First, I have one (which today is something really happy!), and it's one that I do well, and where I know I make a difference. It really makes me happy that this is true, and it was a long time coming. I'm happy that I've been in my position long enough to have earned leave time to take and spend with MS (tho' not as long as he's been at HIS job!)
7. Technology: My iPhone (I'm addicted) and I can't imagine a relationship these days without a smartphone!; my Nook (hmm...yup, addicted to it, too); My Bernina - sewing was never this much fun on my old zig-zag (which I still have and use occasionally)
8. My sewing and knitting stash and supplies: while I don't get to use them nearly enough, I'm so grateful and delighted every time I open a bin and see the colors and softness of the yarn and fabric, the wonderful needles, beautiful stitch markers, zippers, and threads, and such. I have to admit, MS just shakes his head when he sees the various stashes...Now I know what you girls have been up against all these years! (at least I didn't have to explain yarn in the kitchen cabinets, as I never did that *wink*)
9. It's going to sound odd, but I'm also quite happy that a certain large cat show I normally would be preparing for at this point in the year was cancelled. I wouldn't have had the time to devote to this new romance with My Sweetheart, had I been caught up in the preparations for that event.
10. Facebook. (I know, isn't that a hoot?) I am having a blast reconnecting with folks from high school, and of course, that's how My Sweetheart and I came about, but with all it's problems and distractions, I'm really happy to have Facebook right now (who would have guessed?).
Ooops. I guess MS did figure in every one of those items, now didn't he? heheh.