knitnana: Sunny Sunday Before Christmas
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunny Sunday Before Christmas

It a very cold and breezy day, but it's a brilliant sun-shiney one. We've stayed in, the grandson is a might stuffy, which could be allergies, as he doesn't appear sick, but I am sore enough from yesterday's exertions to think it wise to keep ourselves indoors. My neighbor (did I mention they're really terrific people?) loaned us several Disney VCR tapes, and we've had a marathon of cartoon stories today, along with making paper snowflakes!

Last night, I finished off the mittens, and the DGS1 modeled them nicely, I thought:

I'm amazed that it only took 24 hours to make the two. I'll join BK and say I wish I could knit socks that fast.

I also realized that the DGS 3 doesn't have a Nana-Knit hat. I've made him one, but it was for a 4-month old's head. So I cast on last night for this:

And finished it while we watched the movies.

Throughout the weekend, we've seen very little of The Meezer (except after the grandson goes to bed, then she feels safe enough to venture out).

Today, I happened to sit down on my bed for a moment, and as I got up I noticed a speck of movement under the covers I'd tossed aside a bit ago when I got up:

Further inspection detailed the hiding place of the missing meeze...

I've replaced acrylic blankets I've used for years with two (smaller) all wool blankets that belonged to my mom. I've been very happy with the choice, but still have added the down comforter I inherited from her, too...The Meezer had burrowed under the comforter and wrapped between a roll of the blankets I'd tossed back making herself a very warm nest:

I even enjoy 'niffin' those occasional duck feathers, Mom, now please, put the covers down and don't give my hide-y-hole away?

By all means, Miss Meeze...

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The mittens look great, and I love the matching hat! Your grandson looks very happy to be a model for you -- never a bad thing, to have a live model :) And I'm glad to see that the Meezer is keeping herself warm amongst all of that snow -- I hope you are, too :)

3:38 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Wow - two finished objects in about as many days. Nicely done!

And I am so glad you didn't sit on the Meezer. She sure looks cozy!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of grandson, and the mittens look good, too. :-)

His thumbs-up pose inspired this mad thought that one could knit mittens for a garden enthusiast with green thumbs.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

What a cute model!! :-)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Great job on the mittens & hat. GS#1 is a sweetie. {{{HUGS}}}

3:45 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

what cute mittens and the hat is such a perfect match!

as for meezer? what a great big "awwww" i gave as i saw her in her hidey hole. :)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!