knitnana: She Lives!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, July 07, 2008

She Lives!

HI!
Yes, I DO still blog here once in awhile! *wink*

I'm thinking I may survive now...wasn't so sure this morning! A very busy weekend, not just with the cat show...oh! Here's the booth:
And another view:


But also because my sister was in to help (and celebrate my birthday this coming Friday!), and that meant visiting, and eating out and laughing and carrying on...(we had a blast, my sister and my sis-in-law are the BEST friends a gal could possibly have!) and yes, we also staffed the booth both days and sold bags and talked with lots of folks (tho' I must admit that attendance was down, and apparently gas prices have affected some of the folks who show kitties, because there was a smaller bunch of kitties, too!).

I finished these:
My second pair of Summer of Socks 08 socks - these plain vanilla stockinette socks (using Judy's Magic Cast On for the toe, see the sidebar for more details), knit on size 1s, two circulars and a 2x2 rib for the top of the cuff. I was fascinated watching the pattern knit up in these, and sis-in-law liked them so much, I think there will be another pair in my future - as a gift!

I cast on tonight for these:
A special friend was in on Sunday (yes, it was a busy weekend) and when offered the chance to pick my next pair of socks' yarn - well let's just say that STR's Hot Flash was an easy choice. Wendy offered her fellow Plurker's a new pattern (Seaweed Socks) and I liked them so much, I decided to actually try to knit a complete pattern! Start to finish? ME? I'm even going to use her gusset and heel and see how I like them!

(You may pick yourself up off the floor now...)
tee hee!

Yesterday morning, before I was quite ready to wake up...I heard scurrying and scratching...couldn't quite figure what was up. I finally pried my head off the pillow (these cat shows are a lot of work, and tiring, to boot!)...This is what I saw...

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "kitty condo," huh?
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

I love the kitty condo!! {g} The socks turned out great - nice job of matching up the start point for the yarn.

10:39 PM  
Blogger elaines630 said...

Love the socks!!! LOL at the kitty condo. They seem to find some weird places to sleep!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

I could just ditto the earlier comments re; both socks and kitties. That is quite a breakfast in bed treat.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Awww...the cats look adorable! Glad to hear that you had a good time at the show. Your sister and SIL sound like a lot of fun. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

P.S. The booth and new socks look wonderful!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That kitty condo looks like very comfy digs, indeed!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the new sock! That color is so striking. The finished socks look great too. You sure are speeding along. :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Great post Sallee! Sorry to hear about all the sock frogging though, that's a bummmmmmer. The kitty condo is great and Happy Birthday to you dear Sallee and many more to come!!!!

Hugs, G

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!