This week (Yes, I'm participating!) is: 10 Things You Would Save If Your House Was On Fire. For the purpose of this exercise we are assuming that all of your family and pets are safe, we are just focusing on the stuff. Mine are in no particular order...
1. Sewing machine (aka "Bernie")
2. Yarn & needle stash
3. Photos of family and friends
4. Cell phone (it has my life in it!)
5. My great-grandmother's cradle (made by my great-grandfather for their first child - my grandmother).
6. My Chiger blanket - an acrylic throw from (GASP!) Walmart that is patterned with both tiger stripes and cheetah spots. It is my favorite, keeps me warm no matter what else is happening, and is soft soft soft! I do know that there was at least one at my Walmart recently, because My Sweetheart bought one. Whether there are more? I can't say.
7. The jewelry My Sweetheart has given me. Because, yes, it's irreplaceable.
8. My computer. It's brand new and just finally paid for!
9. My Nook and Kindle (or if, by the time the fire happens, I've managed to save enough and buy that iPad Mini? Then that.
10. My grandmother's cut-work tablecloth. As irreplaceable as #s 5 and 7...
(and just so you know? when push comes to shove? the yarn stash would stay behind, because it's such fun replacing that! and I can prove a lot of it on the insurance coverage, it's on Ravelry - well, most of it is...)