It's that time again, the Ten on Tuesday - and in honor of V-Day this week, we are charged to name 10 things we love that are RED! Since this is a knitting blog, and I love the color red, I'm going to see how many things from my knitting past I can list!
1. My Mended Heart: when I saw this pattern on Knitty, I had to make one to honor my heart attack and recovery - it includes embroidery and beading to indicate the by-pass I had as well as the stent inserted.
2. My Mustang Sally Knotty Gloves: the first (and last!) time I made gloves! I adore these and the color is perfect for me - only "Sally" is spelled wrong, doncha know?
3 & 4. My Aihblinn's (there are two and both are in red - the first is a tomato red cotton, the second a cranberry and black tweed wool blend). The bright red one is the first item I ever knit in the round! Yes, there are mistakes in the pattern... *wink*
5. My first red socks that turned out like anything (ok, I knit a couple of pairs before these, but these were the first ones made of Trekking XXL and thus began my love affair with that yarn! I have bought more of this color way, thanks to Ravelry (because it's a long-gone dyelot) so I won't ever be without them!
6. My first attempt at Fair Isle, the Corazon mittens - again the heart theme crops up, doncha know?
7. A new item in red, was my gift to my sis-in-law at the holidays:
So now? I'm done with the red things I knitted that I love. I'll come up with three other things in general that I love that are red, but what this says to me? I need to KNIT MORE RED!! And this is the month for it, doncha know? I started the Knit Red for Women's Heart Disease group on Yahoo a long time ago...we're on Ravelry, but we're pretty much defunct. Which makes me sad...
8. But I love the Knit Red
, Sew Red
, and Crochet Red
books out there...I don't have them all, but obviously for anyone loving red, and the issue of Women's Heart Disease? These books need to be on your bookshelf!
9. I covet any red yarn, but especially Madtosh
in Tart! (yes, any Madtosh)
10. Finally? Roses. Mostly I love pink and white roses, but this time of year, toss in some of the true red ones? Gorgeous...Swoon-worthy really.
There. I did it!