It's the new year, and new Ten on Tuesday posts. I'm not going to guarantee that I'll always be able to do them, but I'll try to. This week's is 10 favorite moments from 2013, so here goes:
1. I'm going to start with Valentine's Day (tho' not the actual DAY, which was mid-week). My Sweetie and I spent the weekend together, and I finished up a pair of blue and brown socks and I shared that in the Ten on Tuesday
post that week.
Kicking back with my sweetie on a winters' afternoon, wearing our handknit (by me!) socks! Priceless...
2. In April, just prior to my first rotator cuff surgery, we headed off to Yorktown so My Sweetie could purchase his cute little Honda Del Sol
. It was a fast trip, but a fun one. Especially to see his face when he's behind the wheel of that car, with the top off. ;)
3. Also in April, we got away for the weekend to Washington DC for a day spent at the National Cathedral and topped off by a birthday/Valentines Day gift - a concert with the National Symphony and Sweetie's favorite jazz musician (one of them anyway), Chris Botti. It was at this concert that I fell head over heels for this piece:
4. May brought Mother's Day and Memorial Day, a second surgery for a broken shoulder and further tearing of my rotator cuff, but it also brought two Sun Gold tomato plants from my sis-in-law and niece. Those plants became the most wondrous thing of the summer as they grew and grew and then produced and produced! We will be getting more of these plant this year and will hope for a repeat performance!
5. In June, I succumbed to a new addiction - Noro Silk Garden. It's been heavenly. My stash, however, has not been the same since. Oy. I need an intervention, just sayin'
6. In July, in addition to my birthday (which is always fun), I made it to a KnitIn group where one member brought an abundance of stash from a friend of hers - this was to be GIVEN AWAY to the members who wanted them. I enhanced the stash with sock yarn. LOTS of sock yarn.
7. In August, My Sweetheart and I spent a goodly amount of time painting his living room, and in general sprucing the place up. There's a lot more to do, but we're in love with the taupe walls and white woodwork. He's also retiled the bathroom floor, and I ADORE those tiles (but then, I nudged him towards them in the store). Home improvement has always been fun to me, We had a lot of fun together working on this project.
8. September was the month we'd been building up to all year, my Sweetheart's son's wedding. We were very sad the weather didn't cooperate with the plans for a garden event, but the wedding was still wonderful in every way. The young couple are very happy, and my Sweetie is one very proud Papa! :)
9. October was spent trying to do short day-trips on the weekends so we could kick back and relax, but not go overboard. We spent one weekend enjoying a local concert, a Highlander Festival at a local university (men in kilts, need I say more? Okay. Bagpipes!), got a to movie I'd wanted to see, cooked together. There were many moments in October, leading up to...
10. November's shoulder replacement surgery. No that wasn't a wonderful moment - it was scary. But I learned not only do I have the VERY BEST SWEETHEART IN THE WORLD, but I have wonderful, caring friends, and a dear daughter who stepped up to the plate (literally!) and cooked a great Thanksgiving dinner (tho' I couldn't eat much of it, thanks to an upset tummy from pain meds). Everyone gave of themselves to help care for me at a very difficult time. I am so very, very grateful.
There isn't an 11, but the holidays were wonderful.
Next year, should we repeat this challenge on Ten on Tuesday, I'll be able to do a better job of it, because I've begun to keep a Blessings Jar
, as detailed here on my favorite author's blog. I'll have a lot to share, I know.