Today's post is Ten Random Things on My Mind! Oh, random I can do, let me tell you, and my to-do list in my head will suffice, I believe...?
1. I'm weeding out things. Thoughts of a yard sale, but probably just a Craigslist sale, and then Goodwill donations. It's just not yard sale season quite yet.
2. it's tax time, and I've got to get busy and get that done. I have no idea whether I'll end up with a refund or not this year, and it's bugging me! I had some substantial things change this year, so I can't parse it out in my head, I've got to get it down on the software to see!
3. I normally don't do spring cleaning, just my usual slap-dash around the house, but after hearing a report on NPR's Morning Edition
today I think it would be a good idea to try to do that. After all, I have allergies, and so does My Sweetheart, so do the grandkids and it might make for some improvement! Especially since I'll be in the house a good solid week after the shoulder surgery next month and won't have the ability to use one arm for 8 weeks (someone else will have to vacuum!).
4. during that convalescence, I am hoping to really learn to crochet! I'll have the ability to use the fingers of my left hand, but my right hand and arm will be fine. I'll probably still work on sock-knitting (I'm a thrower), but would love to try to do a better job with the hook.
5. since the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire was cancelled this year, I have a bit of time to try to beef up the stock in the etsy shop
. Please let me know if there's something you'd like to see more of in the ready-made section? (there's precious little in there now, so anything would be an improvement! LOL!)
6. with spring comes all the wonderful veggies and fruit and that puts me in a mind to cook and make great stuff with it all. Being committed to the principle of buying from local vendors, I can't wait for the farmers' markets to really begin to flourish again! Our Saturday mornings are fun excursions to a couple of the markets in our area for really fresh yummy salads & great vegan recipes - THOSE are what I adore...
7. another big random thought for the season is that NOW we can get out and hike, and bike, and walk on the Greenway looking for those great photo ops that My Sweetheart loves. He's very into these things and really a good photographer! So we'll be "killing two birds" so to speak - getting the exercise we both need to be heart healthy, and also having those wonderful photos to record the days together. We're even considering "birding!"
8. then I'm also looking forward to September when I'll be at the National Capital Cat Show again. So as soon as possible after the convalescense, I'll be at the sewing machine, making all sorts of cat-themed items. See that ticker up there for dates.
9. in September, too, is My Sweetheart's son's wedding. We're so excited for them both, and looking forward to celebrating this big event.
10. and now that I'm at the end of my random list, I'm realizing that most of this list has to do with things to keep me busy. I really need to put "quiet time" on my to-do list. You know, the time for meditating and just "being." I'm bad about that. I can't tell you the last time I tossed myself down on the bed, and stared at the ceiling (with both cats sniffing at me to be sure I'm still alive! LOL!). Downtime. It's a foreign concept. And I need to "schedule" that in. (beyond the enforce down-time of the surgery, of course!)