This week I decided to jump on the Ten on Tuesday bandwagon. I figured, why not? This is the perfect time...(translation...I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators, why shouldn't I add in one more thing?)
But this week? It's Ten Things I'm Grateful For...and you know what? I can't think of a better topic right now (alligators and all!).
1. I'm grateful that the economy is looking better...people I know who've been unemployed are finding jobs - and even having choices between jobs to make! That is wonderful, thankful news.
2. I'm grateful for family, of course - grandkids, daughter, sister, sis-in-law, nieces and nephew, aunts, uncles, and cousins. All of them!
3. I'm very grateful this year (as in the past) for a good job for myself, for a part-time job I enjoy, and for my business, even tho' this year hasn't been as busy (mostly by choice) as years past.
4. I'm grateful that I survived some pretty horrendous things this year, including the Derecho storm with 6 days without power in 90+ degree heat, a slew of mechanical breakdowns caused by the storm, and a home invasion.
5. About that home invasion? I'm grateful that the little boy kitty wasn't asleep in the window when the slate paver came sailing thru it. I'm grateful that he's still as sunny of disposition as ever, even tho' I know he was here and aware of that stranger coming into his home. I'm grateful that all I lost was my jewelry and not my precious babies.
6. I'm grateful for the landlord and his wife who have been supportive about EVERYTHING since then (okay, they were before, this isn't a change). I think I have the best landlord in the world!
7. I'm enormously grateful for friends who've stepped in to help care for the kitties while I've been running up and down the road engaged in a life-changing relationship.
8. I'm grateful that my 10-year old car is holding up while it's being run up and down the road...
9. I'm grateful for all my online friends who have encouraged me and supported me in stepping out there and taking a bit of a chance on love.
but most of all?
10. I'm grateful that one day almost a year ago, I typed one simple sentence into a text box on IM on Facebook that said, "If you happen to be in town and would like to, let's meet for coffee and catch up with each other" to a man I went to high school with. And that has made all the difference in the world in how very deeply grateful I am. There is someone very special in my life, and I'm totally blessed.
And I'm fixing a Thanksgiving dinner this year (a first in many years) that will include him and his son. I can't tell you how happy I'll be to hold hands with those around my table and give thanks.
May you and yours have a wonderful holiday - and if you've a mind to? Why not take a chance yourself?